some will not taste death

I suppose that this refers to the unbelievers. They refuse to believe until they see Him, then it is too late...

This is in refernce to the to the return of Christ for His bride the church:

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Hi,

An emphatic "YES some who are alive and born again will not have to go through physical death". Jesus will put the final enemy death under his feet Read 1Corr. Vers.15.

Elijah and Enoch did not die and neather will we if we are alive when the lord return. "Rejoice for your redemtion is near"

Love

Alan

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV[/FONT]​

From Albert Barnes notes on the bible:
Mat_16:28
Verily I say unto you ... -
To encourage them, he assured them that, though his kingdom was now obscure and despised - though he was cast out and little known - yet the time was near when he would be regarded in a different manner, and his kingdom be established with great power.
This cannot refer to the end of the world, and there is no need of referring it to the destruction of Jerusalem.
Taste of death - That is, die. Before they die they shall see this.
Son of man coming in his kingdom - Mark and Luke have explained this:
Mar_9:1, "Until they have seen the kingdom of God come with power;" Luk_9:27, "Till they see the kingdom of God." The meaning evidently is, "till they shall see my kingdom," i. e., my church, now small, feeble, and despised, greatly enlarged, established, and spreading with great rapidity and extent. All this was accomplished. All these apostles, except Judas, lived to see the wonders of the day of Pentecost; some of them, John particularly, saw the Jewish nation scattered, the temple destroyed, the gospel established in Asia, Rome, Greece, and in a large part of the known world.

From Adam Clarkes Commentairies on the Bible:
Mat 16:28 -
There be some - which shall not taste of death - This verse seems to confirm the above explanation, as our Lord evidently speaks of the establishment of the Christian Church after the day of pentecost, and its final triumph after the destruction of the Jewish polity; as if he had said, "Some of you, my disciples, shall continue to live until these things take place."

From John Gills expostion of the entire bible:
Mat 16:28 - Verily I say unto you..... This is a strong asseveration, Christ puts his "Amen" to it; declaring it to be a certain truth, which may firmly be believed:
there be some standing here; meaning either his disciples, or some of the audience; for it is clear from
Mar_8:34 that the people were called unto him with his disciples, when he said these words:
which shall not taste of death: that is, shall not die; a phrase frequently used by the Jewish doctors: they say
(y),
"All the children of the world,
טעמין טעמא דמותא, "taste the taste of death".''
That is, die:
till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom; which is not to be understood of his personal coming in his kingdom in the last day, when he will judge quick and dead; for it cannot be thought, that any then present should live to that time, but all tasted of death long before, as they have done; for the story of John's being alive, and to live till then, is fabulous, and grounded on a mistake which John himself has rectified at the close of his Gospel: nor of the glorious transfiguration of Christ, the account of which immediately follows; when he was seen by Peter, James, and John, persons now present; for that, at most, was but an emblem and a pledge of his future glory: rather, of the appearance of his kingdom, in greater glory and power, upon his resurrection from the dead, and his ascension to heaven; when the Spirit was poured down in an extraordinary manner, and the Gospel was preached all over the world; was confirmed by signs and wonders, and made effectual to the conversion and salvation of many souls; which many then present lived to see, and were concerned in: though it seems chiefly to have regard to his coming, to show his regal power and authority in the destruction of the Jews; when those his enemies that would not he should reign over them, were ordered to be brought and slain before him; and this the Apostle John, for one, lived to be a witness of.

I guess U refer to Mt.16:28. The // vv R Mk.9:1 & Lk.9:27. He was speaking to his disciples. They had just had their thoughts about his messiahship confirmed, when he introduce the abominable idea of messiah being crucified and was rebuked by Peter. In this context he both challenged them to hold fast to him, and confirmed that the messianic reign was just around the corner, following on the heels of the cross.

In their lifetime they were to enter this reign, this inaugurated kingdom of God, though it would not align with their previous expectations of a sovereign ethnic race with the gentiles bowing down. After the resurrection this son of man (aka barnasa) entered into this new phase of salvation, and all except Judas had not ‘tasted death’. Soon the Spirit empowered this reign.

Consequent to this will be a time when messiah returns and a different group will not in normal understanding ‘taste death’, although that was not the group Jesus spoke of in this context. At this still to be point, the kingdom reign will enter a new & eternal phase – hence the expression inaugurated eschatology, ie a process of future events beginning with messiah’s birth, like the planting of a seed that will flower when the king of the kingdom returns.

Jesus is quoted also as saying you don,t need to die.
How about a book, chapter and verse for that one?

I believe that Jesus was refering to the outpouring of hte Holy Spirit to establish His kingdom on earth and to the catching away of His bride.

so do demons etc die if they saw Jesus 2000 years ago?doesn,t it say in genesis you will live of the dust of the earth.could this mean souls of men,women.swapping from 1 to another etc.how do you figure.?

Demons don't experience death - they have no mortal body to die but they will exeriemce eternal torment. Some are bound awaiting release and judgement:

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Back