Something I've been wondering about

Something I've been wondering about

I've noticed that when people pray sometimes they pray to God and sometimes they pray to Jesus. I was just wondering why they choose God or why they choose Jesus. Has anyone else noticed?

While I personally do not believe there is a competition between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Jesus told ask to ask the Father in Jesus Name.

Jesus said that when we see Him we see the Father (God). In my opinion, I think when we pray to Jesus we are praying to God because God is Jesus Christ.

I've noticed that when people pray sometimes they pray to God and sometimes they pray to Jesus. I was just wondering why they choose God or why they choose Jesus. Has anyone else noticed?

I asked the same thing when I first surrendered my life to Christ. Since I didn't know my earthly father as a good person, it was really hard for me to understand or accept Heavenly Father as a replacement. I just felt like really formal when I prayed to Him. I usually addressed Jesus because of that. For a long time, until I understood the Trinity, I thought Christ was sent as a man to earth so that God could understand us better and not be so cruel. That's just what I thought. Then I found out when I prayed to Jesus, God was part of Him and so listened to my prayers as well. I still have a tendancy to pray to Jesus, and am still becoming more comfortable with God's Grace. So, I don't think there's any real reason to pray to one or the other, just however you feel comfortable.

Welcome to CFS! Bonnie

I always start with 'My daddy in heaven' and end off with 'in Jesus name I pray'.. to me,there is no difference,because God,Jesus,Holy Spirit..,it's the same.."they" are the Godhead three-in-one,never one more with more importance.

I've never prayed to Jesus? I pray to God? Only time Jesus comes up in prayer is "In Jesus name"

So in essence you are praying to Jesus who is our mediator to God our Father. Anyways God the Father hears and answers our prayers just the same as Christ and the Holy Spirit. Three in one .

I look at this question in terms of dimensions.

Let's look at "ONE" dimension. In a one dimensional reality, you could have a line, but not a shape.

Time, is very much "One dimensional" to us. We know there is a past, and we know that there is a future, but we are somewhat stranded in the present. We cannot go back in time, and we cannot go into the future, rather, you and I move through time in what we call the present.

One person may not have had God the Spirit in their heart yesterday, another person may not have the Spirit until tomorrow but what matters is now. Not the past, not the future.

If we look at "Two dimensions" (Like a blackboard), we still have the "line" but now there can be shapes. With two dimensions the line can form a triangle, or a circle. It is the same "One Dimensional" line, but it can now exist in an entirely different form.

With "Three Dimensions" you add depth. Now, you not only have lines and shapes, but concepts, spheres and cubes can exist.

The "line" exists in all three of these dimensions, and the perception of the line in any one of these dimensions in no way negates its existance or importance in terms of any other dimension. It is always, "One" dimensional, "Two" dimensional, and "Three" dimensional, all at the same time.

It is fine and proper to pray to God the Father, to God the Son, and or to God the Spirit. You are still praying to the one true God, because if you go outside of our limited perceptions, they are one in the same.

Back to your original question...
I was just wondering why they choose God or why they choose Jesus.
Very often, especially in corporate prayer, I pray to God the Father, in Jesus Name. I do this for two primary reasons.

When the disciples asked Jesus "How are we to pray?"
Luke 11:1-3 Matthew 6:5-14 Jesus responded with the Lord's Prayer, which obviously begins with Praise to God the Father. (Also the first commandment.) Prayer is a basis of our relationship with God.

Also, in John 14:13 Jesus said that whatever we ask in His name, shall be done so that the Father shall be glorified in the Son. Sometimes this is understood as having to tack on a little "In Jesus Name I Pray" disclaimer at the end of the prayer, but I view asking in Jesus Name as asking for something that Jesus Himself would ask for. This attitude can have a dramatic impact on what we pray for and how we recognise Gods responses to our prayers.

Also, by praying in Jesus Name, we are acknowledging adoptive kin-ship through Christ. As His chosen, we are heirs to His Kingdom. Through His resurrection, we have been given eternal life, through His precious blood, we have been clensed of all our sin, in His righteousness, not our own, we can stand in the presence of God. So these words do have power and great meaning, therefore it is good and proper that they be spoken as well.

Almighty Father I pray that this was nourishing to someones spiritual health.
In Jesus Name.

AMEN. :)

So in essence you are praying to Jesus who is our mediator to God our Father. Anyways God the Father hears and answers our prayers just the same as Christ and the Holy Spirit. Three in one .

I pray the way the bible tells me

“You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it!” (John 14:13-14).

“We are writing to the church of God in Corinth, you who have been called by God to be his own holy people. He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as he did all Christians everywhere--whoever calls upon the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and theirs” (1 Corinthians 1:2).

“And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:20).

“And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the Father” (Colossians 3:17).

“Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord” (James 5:14).

A simple prayer in the lips of faith can move mountians.:)

Back