Something weird

I believe that there are only two types of supernatural influences.

You must remember however that the mind plays tricks on all of us.

How many times have you had a dream that made no sense and 5 minutes after you woke up you can not remember it?
That is an "influence".

I "saw" Santa Claus fly over my house last year. Does that mean Santa Clause exists?????

Reactions: Juk
Didn't you tell us that you were a Christian?

Stronger is HE (Christ) that is in you than he (Satan) who is in the world.

Watch what you eat and the movies and games you watch and play. Remember......garbage in---garbage out!

My dear little brother. Please do not fall into that trap of thinking something out of the ordinary is demonic. There are some people who immediately go to the explanation of demonic influences when most of the time it is just the simple act of growing and maturing and learning.

Wouldn't "over-exuberant imagination" come under youthful changes. Just asking!

My point is that people tend to inflate the hormonal changes of youth to something more than God created them to be. They do not cause a person to sin, nor do they cause a person to hallucinate.

Youth is not a mental disorder or disease.

My point is that people tend to inflate the hormonal changes of youth to something more than God created them to be. They do not cause a person to sin, nor do they cause a person to hallucinate.

My point is that we tend to blame way too much stuff on Satan. Somethings are just normal growing pains of life IMO!

You must remember however that the mind plays tricks on all of us.

How many times have you had a dream that made no sense and 5 minutes after you woke up you can not remember it?
That is an "influence".

I "saw" Santa Claus fly over my house last year. Does that mean Santa Clause exists?????
So that is a demon influence?

I recently, before I go to bed, there have been voices that call my name. They are always of girls that I know. I do not think the voices, they just pop inside my head. I thought that it was God, so I told Him that I was listening, and I waited for Him to speak once more. But He did not. What do you think it is? Might be demons.
I just realized I didn't reply to your question... sorry about that. Listen, pun intended, the world, both physical and spiritual, is complicated. We can try and teach you things, but there are a lot of people that are perpetual babies in Christ, so you have to take everything we say to the Lord for verification. Only He will never lie to you (not that anyone would purposefully lie, it's just they - and me - only have the information we're willing to listen to). A lie can be a lie without knowing it's a lie because they don't have all the information to know the truth. I'm sorry, it gets complicated. The point is, out minds rarely sleep. Even in sleep it's busy sorting that day's data and any left-overs from before. This is why, when you hear a voice, to test it:

1 John 4:1 (KJV)
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.​

These verses were linked to this one... study them, meditate on them, and you will surpass the "learned" of this site. :)

Jer 29:8; Matt 7:15-16; Matt 24:4; Matt 24:5; Matt 24:24; 1Cor 14:29; Eph 5:6; Col 2:18; 1Thess 5:21; 2Pet 2:1; 2John 1:7

Remember what I told you, meditate, then write down your thoughts. Over time you will learn just who is really speaking. It's not something can be taught easily, but is experienced. The devil WILL talk to you just to keep you confused, ask the Lord for guidance and trust Him. (y)

Nothing normal about hearing voices calling you.

If the voices are in the memory, then it is normal. I hear people say different thing too. Like one time i was writing an email...and i wrote something other than what i herd, but then i herd a pastor's voice say what i was supposed to do....so i knew it was God getting my attention to write what i herd the first time.

Other times i have herd people say things just in their way, and it was their voice and it was just my brain remembering something that made me smile. So that is why in my opinion it has nothing to do with demons.

We have to be careful, when thinking that the devil is hiding under every rock. And then there is the other side where people do not think the devil does not exist or has no power.

So as not to confuse a young Christian this discussion should be done just as if parents were having a discussion that the kids should not be apart of.

Blessings to you all

Juk, The "natural" man can not receive things of the Spirit of God, neither can he know them because they spiritually understood. The natural man is your physical body, along with its five physical senses. God will not talk to you in your hearing ears, and any part of the human body. God is a Spirit, and when he speaks to you it will to your spirit (heart). The physical mind is a prime target for Satan to deceive you. He does not have the slightest clue what you are thinking about, so he will try anything to get your attention, or to cause you to think on a certain topic not healthy to you. Satan is limited to what he can do as you have "authority" over him in the realm of the spirit through Jesus Christ, and his shed blood. As scripture tells us......

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

That which is "common" to man is his physical body. What we have in common with every person on earth, is we all have physical body's. Not every one has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them as we do. So, Satan temptations and or his ability to entice us can only be through the physical human body that includes his mind and all of it's senses of the flesh.
I hear God all the time, but I have never heard the Lord say anything to me in my mind or ears.

If the voices are in the memory, then it is normal. I hear people say different thing too. Like one time i was writing an email...and i wrote something other than what i herd, but then i herd a pastor's voice say what i was supposed to do....so i knew it was God getting my attention to write what i herd the first time.

Other times i have herd people say things just in their way, and it was their voice and it was just my brain remembering something that made me smile. So that is why in my opinion it has nothing to do with demons.

We have to be careful, when thinking that the devil is hiding under every rock. And then there is the other side where people do not think the devil does not exist or has no power.

So as not to confuse a young Christian this discussion should be done just as if parents were having a discussion that the kids should not be apart of.

Blessings to you all

My "kid" had a voice calling her name when she was in highschool. It freaked her out. She even thought I was calling her name once when I hadn't said a word, and she came to me and said, "What, mom?" She did "chair time" and was delivered of it, toute de suite.

That is my very real frame of reference for such things. Each of my children have suffered demonic interference in their youth. I am not one of those people who see a demon around every corner, just so everyone here knows.

Last edited:
Okay, the others I know, but please do elaborate on this one.

Sure. I am no expert believe me, however according to Medline Plus, eating right before bed increases your metabolism which also increases your brain's overnight activity, leading to dreams and nightmares. Whereas some substances such as alcohol and nicotine cause a lighter sleep and prevent REM sleep, which decreases dreaming.

According to......http://www.disabled-world.com/health/neurology/sleepdisorders/vivid-dreams.php...........................
One of the age-old beliefs is that eating cheese before bed will give you nightmares. But is it true and do different cheeses have different effects? Well, British researchers gave 200 people cheese every night for a week before bed. No one had a nightmare but it did affect their dreams. People who ate cheddar dreamt about celebrities. While another British cheese, Red Leicester, sent people back to their schooldays.

Back