Song of Solomon 5

Song of Solomon 5:10-16 (NAS)
10 “My beloved is dazzling and reddish, Outstanding among ten thousand.
11 His head is like gold, pure gold; His locks are like clusters of dates And black as a raven.
12 His eyes are like doves Beside streams of water, Bathed in milk, And perched in their setting.
13 His cheeks are like a bed of balsam, Banks of herbal spices; His lips are lilies Dripping with drops of myrrh.
14 His hands are rods of gold Set with topaz; His abdomen is panels of ivory Covered with sapphires.
15 His thighs are pillars of alabaster Set on pedestals of pure gold; His appearance is like Lebanon, Choice as the cedars.
16 His mouth is full of sweetness. And he is wholly desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, You daughters of Jerusalem.”

Song of Solomon conveys a beautiful love story exchange. Who does this passage put you in mind of?

For me, it is a description of Jesus Christ our Groom.

I really like the part, "his mouth is full of sweetness" (v. 16). Isn't that the truth? Everything from His mouth is sweet to us.

Song of Solomon 5:10-16 (NAS)
10 “My beloved is dazzling and reddish, Outstanding among ten thousand.
11 His head is like gold, pure gold; His locks are like clusters of dates And black as a raven.
12 His eyes are like doves Beside streams of water, Bathed in milk, And perched in their setting.
13 His cheeks are like a bed of balsam, Banks of herbal spices; His lips are lilies Dripping with drops of myrrh.
14 His hands are rods of gold Set with topaz; His abdomen is panels of ivory Covered with sapphires.
15 His thighs are pillars of alabaster Set on pedestals of pure gold; His appearance is like Lebanon, Choice as the cedars.
16 His mouth is full of sweetness. And he is wholly desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, You daughters of Jerusalem.”

Song of Solomon conveys a beautiful love story exchange. Who does this passage put you in mind of?

For me, it is a description of Jesus Christ our Groom.

I really like the part, "his mouth is full of sweetness" (v. 16). Isn't that the truth? Everything from His mouth is sweet to us.

Yes, I also believe that this is a beautiful description of our groom, Jesus Christ. Throughout this story (analogy), we can relate the love that Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd has for His bride and wife. This story (parable) is therefore teaching the second advent. It’s exciting to think about, as I believe it won’t be long. —Twinkling

Yes, I also believe that this is a beautiful description of our groom, Jesus Christ. Throughout this story (analogy), we can relate the love that Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd has for His bride and wife. This story (parable) is therefore teaching the second advent. It’s exciting to think about, as I believe it won’t be long. —Twinkling
Exciting times for brothers and sisters watching and will be a pleasant surprise for those who aren't.

Back