Sorcery

Sorcery

"And the Lord said unto Moses, See I have made thee a god unto Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. Thou shall speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land. And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply My signs and wonders in the land of Egypt.

But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay My hand upon Egypt, and bring forth my armies, and My people the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt. And Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded them, so did they. And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron was fourscore and three years old, when they spoke unto Pharaoh. And the Lord spoke unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Show a miracle for you: then thou shall take thy rod and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.

And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did as the Lord commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, it became a serpent. Then Pharaoh called his wise men, and the sorcerers: now, the magicians of Egypt they also did in like manner with their enchantments. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods. And He hardened Pharaoh's heart; as the Lord had said.

And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuses to let the people go. Get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning: lo, he goes out unto the water; and thou shall stand by the river's brink: and the rod which was turned into a serpent shall thou take in thy hand. And thou shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews has sent me unto thee, saying, Let My people go, that they may serve Me in the wilderness: and behold, hitherto thou would not hear. Thus says the Lord, I AM the Lord: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in Mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned unto blood. And the fish in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall loathe to drink of the waters of the river.

And the Lord said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, take thy rod, and stretch forth thy hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon their pools of water, that they may become blood; and there may be blood throughout the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood and in vessels of stone. And Moses and Aaron did so as the Lord commanded: and he lifted up his rod, and smote the waters, that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants, and all the river turned to blood. And the fish that were in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink the water of the river; and there was blood throughout the land of Egypt. And the magicians did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them: as the Lord had said. And Pharaoh turned and went into his house, neither did he set his heart to this,also. And all the Egyptians digged around the river for water to drink; for they could not drink the water of the river. And seven days were fulfilled, after the Lord had smitten the river." Ex 7:1-25.

SORCERY ABANDONED
: "And when Balaam saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel, he went not at other times to seek enchantments, but he set his face toward the wilderness." Num 24:1.

FALSE PROPHETS FOILED: "That frustrates the tokens of liars, and makes diviners mad; that turns men backward, and makes their knowledge foolish." Isa 44:25.

THOSE WHO PROPHESY LIES: Jer 27:9-15.

USE OF MAGIC CHARMS: "Wherefore thus says the Lord, I AM against your pillows, wherewith ye hunt for souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly." Ezek 13:20.

SO-CALLED MEN OF WISDOM: "And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him. The king commanded the magicians and astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to show the king his dreams. So, they came and stood before the king. And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit is troubled to know the dream. Then spoke the Chaldeans to the king of Syriack, O king live forever; tell thy servants the dream, and we will show the interpretation." Dan 2:1-4 (But there was no interpretation.)

FAILURE OF SORCERERS AND ASTROLOGERS
: "The king cried aloud to bring in the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers. And the king spoke to the wise men of Babylon, Whosoever shall read this writing, and show me the interpretation thereof, shall be clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of gold around his neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom. Then came in the wise men; but, they could not read the writing, nor make known to the king the interpretation thereof. Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonished." Dan 5:7-9.

SIMON IN SAMARIA:"But there was a certain man, named Simon, which before time in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out himself as the great one: To whom they gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying this man is the power of God. And to him they gave regard, because for a long time, he had bewitched them with sorceries." Acts 8:9-11.

the outcome of evil is evil.although some are blind to it.this world is still fasinated by witches ,charms,astrology etc.never changed and shows the relentless pursuit of childrens minds.plus besides all that shows there lack of imagination,stuck in a small box looking more and more silly.

Back