Southern California hit with winter storms and a rare tornado

It's still cloudy, and it's raining right now, and the wind is blowing. It's 60 degrees, but it feels like 40. It's strange because just last week it was over 100 degrees, a record high for this time of year. Is that weird or what?

I was watching the weather last night. And the weather man showed a satellite picture of the U.S.. The jet stream was going right down the center of the west coast which results in the winter storms that have been reported. It sounds like the tornado did some damage. (Lost roof) But, it looks like the ice, snow and rain were more of a problem, then the tornado.

But, since I haven't heard anything from the relatives that I have in So. Cal, I'm assuming it wasn't as bad as the news has been reporting. (probably just seems more sensational, because it's so uncommon in this area of the country)

What is bad, are the tornados that hit Colorado, Kansas and Wyoming last night. I read that 100 deaths have already occurred in the U.S. this year. And they're saying it's predicted to be the worst tornado season on record in the U.S.

But, since I haven't heard anything from the relatives that I have in So. Cal, I'm assuming it wasn't as bad as the news has been reporting. (probably just seems more sensational, because it's so uncommon in this area of the country)

It is more sensational. Everyone pictures California has some big hot state all year round. Only people who live here all the time know that we do have our ups and downs.

It is more sensational. Everyone pictures California has some big hot state all year round. Only people who live here all the time know that we do have our ups and downs.
Sweetie, I was born and raised in So. Cal. I lived there for 42 years. ;)

I know that people in other parts of the country, elivate California to some type of Hollywood movie. It's akin to star worship imo. ... But believe me, I know exactly what it's like. Exactly. ;)

Sweetie, I was born and raised in So. Cal. I lived there for 42 years. ;)

I know that people in other parts of the country, elivate California to some type of Hollywood movie. It's akin to star worship imo. ... But believe me, I know exactly what it's like. Exactly. ;)

I never said you didn't, lol. :D

I agree. They think it's all BMWs and big gated multi-million dollar communities with perfect weather. Lol, we've got two worlds here! Or three. :D

Someone told me that the tornado that touched in California was a little more than a land spout. Or a really, really big dust devil. I think it was the radio. I can't remember. Still an odd thing out there.

Anyway, we've been getting tornadoes out here too. An F0 tornado hit a town in southern Wake County called Fuquay-Varina. Didn't cause much damage other than ripping small trees out and causing traffic mayhem due to the overreactive authorities.

Someone told me that the tornado that touched in California was a little more than a land spout. Or a really, really big dust devil. I think it was the radio. I can't remember. Still an odd thing out there.

I was believe the tornado was near Anaheim. There are no deserts in Anaheim and the ocean is about 10 - 20 miles away, so it couldn't have been a land/water spout. :D

Back