spiritual advice

smellycat

Account Closed
spiritual advice

on tuesday i told my brother i was thinking of getting a new carpet.on thursday(today)i get a leaflet for a mobile carpet firm hand pushed through the letterbox.very unusual nearly 10yrs in house without such a leaflet being pushed through,lots of things have happened to me like this,now the thing is i know it,s spiritual but for which side?any help on this matter would be helpful please.:eek:

Hmmmm ..... Michael ..... that's a tough one to answer . But what I can tell you God does look after His people and many times He has shown me sales that I was not aware of or something that I completly forgot about and I will enter a store and it is half the price so for me I know that God wants His very best for me and is always looking out for my interest.

If it is good, all good things come from the LORD.
I have asked myself this before as well, I will say something or pray about something and countless times, what i asked for is solved in seconds, minutes or days. GOD is amazing and loves us so much!
Last wednesday I was getting ready for church and was tying to clasp a necklace my papaw had bought me for christmas. I could not get it to clasp, so I just said, : LORD please help me", not even as a prayer really, just like most of us do, but the second I said that, I heard "close your eyes". well, i did and the necklace snapped perfectly into place.
Simple things like this, even the LORD will help us and hear us, just through our faith that HE is our protector and Loving Father that wants our dependence and love to be for HIM.

Right on N2C.... perfect example . God is interested in the big as well as the small things in our lives .

You might think it silly but sometimes when I am looking for a parking space , I ask Him and all of a sudden I see some one pulling out .

We serve an awsome God who is interested in every aspect of our lives and we can talk to Him just like we can talk to our earthly father cause He says we can call Him Abba Father.

I will attest to that! He not only multiplies the fish, He also stretches the dollar. One time i felt flat broke and ruined my last piar of nice pants, dreading to have to go shopping, only to find five pairs my size on clearance for $5 each. Other times my wife has gone to garage sales and bought a bunch of baby clothes for a $1. Another time bacon was buy-one-get-one-free. He provides what you need and stretches what you think is not enough. My daughter would wake up 9 times out of ten when I put her in her crib at night, resulting in crying, screaming, and rocking her back to sleep. Now I pray for the Lord to tuck her in and when I put her to bed she stays asleep and doesn't wake up. God is good all the time, i think part of the fallen nature is to overlook His blessings without giving Him glory and praise for it. God does so much for us in our everyday lives that we fail to notice because we often forget that everygood thing and talent we have received is a gift from Him. Even good skills we learn, He has taught us.

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17

The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." Lam 3:22-24

"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing? 'For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:31-33

I will attest to that! He not only multiplies the fish, He also stretches the dollar. One time i felt flat broke and ruined my last piar of nice pants, dreading to have to go shopping, only to find five pairs my size on clearance for $5 each. Other times my wife has gone to garage sales and bought a bunch of baby clothes for a $1. Another time bacon was buy-one-get-one-free. He provides what you need and stretches what you think is not enough. My daughter would wake up 9 times out of ten when I put her in her crib at night, resulting in crying, screaming, and rocking her back to sleep. Now I pray for the Lord to tuck her in and when I put her to bed she stays asleep and doesn't wake up. God is good all the time, i think part of the fallen nature is to overlook His blessings without giving Him glory and praise for it. God does so much for us in our everyday lives that we fail to notice because we often forget that everygood thing and talent we have received is a gift from Him. Even good skills we learn, He has taught us.

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17

The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." Lam 3:22-24

"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing? 'For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:31-33

Wonderful examples of God's goodness and grace. If we put our whole trust completely in Him and rely on Him .... he will grant us the desires of our heart. Blessings to you and your family

I can also testify of the fact that God supplies our every need. One day I had to speak at a world day of prayer meeting in London. Everyone said "you will never get a parking place near there". I knew I could not walk very far and was concerned about this. My friend travelling with me said not to be concerned as she had asked the Lord for a parking place, and there, at the nearest spot available to the venue was a free space, with people driving past it.

Since then (too many years ago to mention), the Lord has provided in the same way.

Right on N2C.... perfect example . God is interested in the big as well as the small things in our lives .

You might think it silly but sometimes when I am looking for a parking space , I ask Him and all of a sudden I see some one pulling out .

We serve an awsome God who is interested in every aspect of our lives and we can talk to Him just like we can talk to our earthly father cause He says we can call Him Abba Father.

Michael ....

I am just bringing this forward to let you see that I too ask God for parking spaces and it is not disabled spaces so we just have to trust Him .

He tells us to ask and we shall recieve . We can depend on Him .... He is my source.

He wants us to ask

So then put a little smiley or something so people will know .

kisses.gif

Why is it a concern whether it's from God or the enemy when it's a leaflet for a carpet? That seems a little paranoid.

Read about when Solomon becomes king and asks God for wisdom and knowledge to lead such a large number of people for God. God wants us to ask for things, but it seems to me that he would prefer that we concern ourselves with asking for his knowledge and wisdom. After those, he gives abundance. That's how it played out for Solomon. He expressed his pleasure with Solomons request for these things. I think that's in Leviticus? I don't remember and I'm not at home to check.

I don't get asking God for parking spaces and such. With wisdom and knowledge from God, those little things seem like a waste of energy to be focusing on, and don't really matter. We can have patience for those things. I don't understand how we are in danger from the enemy through a leaflet for a carpet.

dchena

on tuesday i told my brother i was thinking of getting a new carpet.on thursday(today)i get a leaflet for a mobile carpet firm hand pushed through the letterbox.very unusual nearly 10yrs in house without such a leaflet being pushed through,lots of things have happened to me like this,now the thing is i know it,s spiritual but for which side?any help on this matter would be helpful please.:eek:

The way I see it is .... if you are a child of God then things do not just HAPPEN .... they are orchestrated by God and when they happen just give praise to Him because He is the one who is looking out for our best interest and knows us better than we know ourselves. After all He knew us before we were born .

So to all who think God is not interested in finding me a bargain or a parking spot .... well that is your opinion but I depend on Him and Him alone.He even finds my lost glasses and documents for me and fixes my appliances . My God Is able . I serve a great big God .

Yeah, I get what your're saying, and whole-heartedly agree. I needed a lesson in humility! Been asking for that (go figure).

He gave me my couch, finds my keys for me, definately stretches the dollar for me. When I had a beater of a car, it would only break down on payday. 4 months in a row! He held it together for me till I could afford it.

I praise God. I'm much happier when I'm praising God. :rolleyes: And he is alone is worth praising.

Yeah, I get what your're saying, and whole-heartedly agree. I needed a lesson in humility! Been asking for that (go figure).

He gave me my couch, finds my keys for me, definately stretches the dollar for me. When I had a beater of a car, it would only break down on payday. 4 months in a row! He held it together for me till I could afford it.

I praise God. I'm much happier when I'm praising God. :rolleyes: And he is alone is worth praising.

Amen to that .... I know I could praise Him more . And it is a great reminder to all of us .

He covets the praises of His people .

Maybe we should start a praise thread on God's goodness . I am now being reminded of the daily things He does that I don't acknowledge but when I stop and think.... Yah .... God was in that .

This time last year I was in a car accident and the guy told the cops that it was my fault . So there were two cops ... who by the way did not see the accident and the guy who were all accusing me .

The insurance co was telling me my car was going to be written off and I would have to pay the deductable as well ( Because they got the report ... my fault)

My friends and I prayed .... The guy fessed up that he ran into me and the body shop owner talked the insurance co in to repairing my car . And I did not have to pay the deductable .

I know I serve an awesome God .

I told Him .... This is your car God and I am leaving it in your hands.

Amen, that would be great!

Q: What is the chief end of man?
A: Man's chief and highest end is to [firstly] glorify God, and to [secondly] fully enjoy Him forever. -Westminster Larger Catechism

Rev 4:11 Rom 11:36 I Cor 10:31 Ps 73:24-28 John 17:21-24

"Thou hast created us for Thyself, O God, and our heart is restless until it finds repose in Thee" -Augustine

Back