Spiritual Blindness

Ginger

Inactive
Spiritual Blindness

I spoke with a "mystic" who owned a shop in my town.

At one point in the conversation I had the opportunity to tell her that contacting the spirit world was a dangerous thing to do because she had no control over who or what she contacted.

She confidently told me in all the years she has been doing this, she has never come in contact with an evil spirit.

I asked, "How would you know? The Bible says even Satan masquerades as an Angel of light."

If you are being deceived, you don't know it otherwise you would not be deceived.

This is such a good point I will and we should pray for her!:groupray:

"How would you know? The Bible says even Satan masquerades as an Angel of light."

If you are being deceived, you don't know it otherwise you would not be deceived.

I asked, "How would you know? The Bible says even Satan masquerades as an Angel of light."

Exactly. Like Baudelaire said, "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

At one point in the conversation I had the opportunity to tell her that contacting the spirit world was a dangerous thing to do because she had no control over who or what she contacted.

She confidently told me in all the years she has been doing this, she has never come in contact with an evil spirit.

I pray for such people- they not only involve themselves but many others in the demonic realm.

Sadly, there are many Christians that do this, too. They claim to be receiving messages/revelations from God, but it is really Satan. Satan can get so close to the truth, but twists it ever so slightly so that people cannot tell. We must pray for these people who try to involve themselves in Christian mysticism.

Christ is risen. Glorify Him!
Andrew

No Christian I know but I suppose if it were possible satan could deceive even the elect.

I have to say that if God is not speaking to a Christian then he is more than likely not listening. Some may be decieved by religious activities thinking that religion will save them but those who belong to the Master will hear Him.

Jesus put it best (as always):

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
What we have in Christ is a restoration of the relationship that Adam had with God in the garden. God walked and talked with Adam in the cool of the day- it was this fellowship we were created for and this fellowship Christ restored.

No Christian I know but I suppose if it were possible satan could deceive even the elect.

Scary thought, isn't it.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

I think a lot of people are deceived because they so badly want to be special - not realizing God has already made them special.

Many who prophesy or use other "gifts" are really unknowingly pretending.

I gave my testimony at a group Baptism one time. Afterward, a man who was a "prophet" came to me saying God gave him a message for me.

The message was based on my testimony and twenty years ago would have made sense. But today I have overcome those past struggles thru Christ Jesus.

This man believes he has a gift - I do not.

When we use the gifts God has blessed us with we accomplish much in His name. When we deceive ourselves we accomplish nothing of eternal value.

Ginger

Some may be deceived but most of those are simply immature. It is always the babes in Christ that want to be something special. Babies make a lot of noise, demand a lot of attention and make a stinky mess but in the end most grow up just fine.:p

True. The Bible tells of some who will be deceive for a time, but not forever. Thanks for your comment.

Ginger

Here is a scripture that speaks volumes to me:
Dan 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

A long time ago, before knowledge and undestanding, people didn't realize that sugar would rot your teeth and make you get fat, but it does.

She simply doesn't have the knowledge or understanding to decern good or evil, and that is that. I guarantee, this interaction with spirits is in fact as you said, deceiving her into thinking it is good. "It's so sweet! It can't be bad."

Oh, it's bad alright... and a life of consuming such things will leave you rotting.

Back