Spiritual Farmers

As we know there are many parallels with the examples in the world…some are called to be shepherds or under-shepherds (the Lord is OUR Shepherd) or Pastors, some fishers of men (Evangelists), others servants (Deacons), but most of us are to be spiritual farmers, planting seed, cultivating, and so on….

So in the seed parable we hear of the different kinds of ground….are we to work with people to de-weed and break up the fallow ground before we plant?

What else should we be aware of? Erosion, different creatures that affect the growth and the harvest????

Paul

This is my favorite parable and one I teach often!

God is the one who breaks up the fallow ground in readiness for the seed of the word. One thing we do need to be sensitive to as the sower of that precious and valuable seed is to use it wisely. When we detect that the ground has not been tilled and is full of rocks and choking weeds to start with, it is best to save that seed, and move on to another part of the field until such time as the Owner of the field Himself can till it.

All battles of this life are fought in the mind. It is the garden we, like Adam, are to maintain. Only the Holy Spirit can show us the hidden weeds that keep us from overcoming, but through the blood of Christ we are more than overcomers, we just have to understand and believe. If we plant weeds in our minds, weeds we will reap. If we sow the good seeds, fruits we will reap. Each must do their own work. It takes meditation on the word of God to till the soil of the mind, rejuvenate it, prayer to aerate the garden, praise and worship to water, and thanksgiving to enter the gates of His Son's shine! While these may seem to be play-on-words, extending the metaphor, it is an essential truth. If one does not tend their own garden, only sorrow and remorse will grow. It's your choice. ;)

All battles of this life are fought in the mind. It is the garden we, like Adam, are to maintain. Only the Holy Spirit can show us the hidden weeds that keep us from overcoming, but through the blood of Christ we are more than overcomers, we just have to understand and believe. If we plant weeds in our minds, weeds we will reap. If we sow the good seeds, fruits we will reap. Each must do their own work. It takes meditation on the word of God to till the soil of the mind, rejuvenate it, prayer to aerate the garden, praise and worship to water, and thanksgiving to enter the gates of His Son's shine! While these may seem to be play-on-words, extending the metaphor, it is an essential truth. If one does not tend their own garden, only sorrow and remorse will grow. It's your choice. ;)

Loving this!

Just as Adam was responsible to "protect" the garden from intruders, we also are to protect the garden that is inside us. We are also told "give no place to the Devil" unlike how Adam failed in giving place to Satan and caused his downfall. The Word implanted in each person needs to be protected from the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things that would stop its growth and fail to bring forth it's fruit. Each person is responsible to protect his garden in which God planted through his body of believers.

1Co 3:9 For we are fellow workmen (joint promoters, laborers together) with and for God; you are God's garden and vineyard and field under cultivation, [you are] God's building. [Isa. 61:3.] (AMP)

Joh 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

The very first fruit that is produced from this garden is the "New Birth"

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

One thing we do need to be sensitive to as the sower of that precious and valuable seed is to use it wisely. When we detect that the ground has not been tilled and is full of rocks and choking weeds to start with, it is best to save that seed, and move on to another part of the field until such time as the Owner of the field Himself can till it.

Gods bag of seed doesn't run out. No need in being conservative with it. Spread liberally and pray.

Isa 55:11, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. (AMP)

Gods bag of seed doesn't run out. No need in being conservative with it. Spread liberally and pray.

That's right! We are to be caretakers of His word, and with our time. If people are continually resistant, we need to move on to those who would rejoice to receive the word. We sow the seed and leave the harvest up to God. So many people tend to think that we need to harvest every seed. Sow, sow, sow!

Many years ago right after I got saved I went around my job preaching the gospel to every one I could. Many received Jesus right on the spot. There was this one guy that every time I asked him to pray with me for his salvation he kept saying, "I am not ready" He might not have been ready, but I was! Every day I would preach the Word to him, and every time he would say, "I am not ready"!
I quit that job and moved on, and I did not see this guy for over a year. One day while I was driving, I came to a stop light, and another car pulled up next to me at the light. I looked over and saw this guy. He waved to me and lifted up a Bible from his seat and waved it at me. I was so excited that he finally decided to receive Jesus. I am not into waiting around to see people get saved , I want them to get saved now.
O-well, I have learned you can not always reap, sowing is a process that needs to done first. :)

Many years ago right after I got saved I went around my job preaching the gospel to every one I could. Many received Jesus right on the spot. There was this one guy that every time I asked him to pray with me for his salvation he kept saying, "I am not ready" He might not have been ready, but I was! Every day I would preach the Word to him, and every time he would say, "I am not ready"!
I quit that job and moved on, and I did not see this guy for over a year. One day while I was driving, I came to a stop light, and another car pulled up next to me at the light. I looked over and saw this guy. He waved to me and lifted up a Bible from his seat and waved it at me. I was so excited that he finally decided to receive Jesus. I am not into waiting around to see people get saved , I want them to get saved now.
O-well, I have learned you can not always reap, sowing is a process that needs to done first.

Love your testimony! Look how God made sure that you were made aware of the result of your obedience! That man is part of the fruit of your labors! God is good!

I cant remember it verbatim or remember where it is but a scripture to the effect of not knowing which seeds will sprout and bear fruit so sow all the seeds you can... any help with this verse?

I grow a garden and in it I grow bird peppers. The seeds have a coating that birds stomach acid eats off so when a human germinates them very low sucess rate is achieved. I get 2 or three out of 10 that make it to maturity and produce fruit.

I cant remember it verbatim or remember where it is but a scripture to the effect of not knowing which seeds will sprout and bear fruit so sow all the seeds you can... any help with this verse?

I grow a garden and in it I grow bird peppers. The seeds have a coating that birds stomach acid eats off so when a human germinates them very low sucess rate is achieved. I get 2 or three out of 10 that make it to maturity and produce fruit.
Maybe one of these verses......

Mar 4:26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
Mar 4:27 And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.

1Co 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God [all the while] was making it grow and [He] gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So neither he who plants is anything nor he who waters, but [only] God Who makes it grow and become greater.
1Co 3:8 He who plants and he who waters are equal (one in aim, of the same importance and esteem), yet each shall receive his own reward (wages), according to his own labor.
1Co 3:9 For we are fellow workmen (joint promoters, laborers together) with and for God; you are God's garden and vineyard and field under cultivation, [you are] God's building. [Isa. 61:3.] (AMP)

I heard that farmers in biblical times sowed the seed, then plowed to work the seed into the ground. But regardless of the sow/plow order, you can't expect a harvest if you keep plowing. You have to let the seed rest so it has a chance to grow.

I haven't thought this through in detail, but I think this generally holds true in telling the lost about Jesus. You sow the seed and plow it in (i.e. tell them about Jesus), but then you stop sowing and plowing for a time to give the seed a chance to grow. It is relying on God to provide for the harvest. If the seed doesn't grow over time, try again.

LOL Is that like the coffee from cats in the movie Bucket List? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Back