Spiritual Warfare or not?

Spiritual Warfare or not?

I recently gave my life to Christ and decided that I didn't want to live the life I was living... I have refrained from alcohol, cussing, evil movies, ect... I have been praying and reading my bible and other books... I know that I am a new creature in Christ and my mind doesn't belong to the devil... I don't know what God wants... I have a good husband and his family is great... My mother and grandmother are dead... I don't have a relationship with my brother and sister... God is my father.. These thoughts come up in my mind like what am I doing here just thoughts like why don't you run away... I have a good home.. Why would I do that? I didn't have these thoughts before I started living right... Is this spiritual warfare?

In a nutshell… yes it is.

A wise man once said… “If you’re not following God, satan leaves you alone”
Once you start to follow God, satan gets mad at you.
And yes, all thoughts in your head don’t come from yourself.
Practice your discernment to know where the thoughts are coming from.
Keep the good ones, renounce the bad ones.

God never promised it would be easy, but it is so much better. :D

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

P.S. Welcome to the forum :D

Hi Godseeker,

First, welcome to the family of God. I'm so glad to know that you have decided to live for Christ.

The most important thing you need to understand is that, now that you have been born again, the Spirit of God lives within your spirit. You don't have to "be good" in your own strength - He is there to live His life through you. Your part is to draw ever closer to Him. You are making a really good start by praying and reading your Bible.

The second thing you need to understand is that the devil is never happy when someone moves out of his kingdom (the area of his control) and into the Kingdom of God. Yes, this is spiritual warfare, and every Christian on earth is involved in it, whether they know it or not. It is good that you have recognized it at this early point. However, be assured that Jesus has already won the battle, and that the Holy Spirit within you is greater than the devil and all his forces could ever be.

One of the weapons that God has given us for spiritual warfare is the Word of God, which is called the Sword of the Spirit. When these thoughts start to come, declare the Word of God against them: "I have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb" (1 Peter 1:19), "I have the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16) "God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7) "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world" (1 John 4:4) "No weapon that is forged against me shall prosper, and I will refute every tongue that accuses me" (Isaiah 54:17).

blessings,

Lynn

what if your thoughts are making you afraid afraid that you are going to do something stupid and mess up your life? I tell myself that God would not be making me think and feel this way.. Right?

I recently gave my life to Christ and decided that I didn't want to live the life I was living... I have refrained from alcohol, cussing, evil movies, ect... I have been praying and reading my bible and other books... I know that I am a new creature in Christ and my mind doesn't belong to the devil... I don't know what God wants... I have a good husband and his family is great... My mother and grandmother are dead... I don't have a relationship with my brother and sister... God is my father.. These thoughts come up in my mind like what am I doing here just thoughts like why don't you run away... I have a good home.. Why would I do that? I didn't have these thoughts before I started living right... Is this spiritual warfare?

Hi and welcome to the Body of Christ.

You have shown great repentance in the things you have given up, which is really great. You are bringing honour and glory to God by doing this. What you need to know is that you need to rely completely on Gods strength.

Satan will tempt you, like he does with all of us. The difference between your old life and your new life, is that you now have the Spirit of God working in your life and He will guide you, teach you, protect you and convict you and lead you in truth. Satan does not stand a chance, he is already defeated and is terrified of Jesus Christ.

In regards to family life Gods will is very clear. Family is very precious to God as it resembles the very nature of God.

Satan tries to destroy households, especially christian households because it has devestating effects on the people involved and can devestate many generations to come.

God instituted marriage long ago in the garden of Eden, it is a divine institution.

Read the book of Ephesians, it tells you how a family should operate together.

Every time Satan puts thoughts in your head about running away, tell him that Marriage is sacred to God and that He must leave in the name of Jesus.

what if your thoughts are making you afraid afraid that you are going to do something stupid and mess up your life? I tell myself that God would not be making me think and feel this way.. Right?

I would say to you that thoughts are a very important part of Christian living and if we start to entertain anything that does not line up with the Word of God that of course does not come from God . The important thing is to take every thought captive and place them under the Blood of Jesus Christ ., giving it to Him ,... praying , reading the Holy Bible and putting scripture into our thought pattern to counteract the thoughst that come from the evil one .

As you start to exercise your thought pattern in this way , you will find the other thoughts disappearing and Jesus will become stronger in your life .

We were not told that Christian living would be easy but with Jesus Christ as the captain of your boat .... All things are possible . Only believe.

Fear does not come from God . Fear comes from satan. Rebuke it in the precious name of Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Luke 12:5
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

********* Romans 8:15 *********
For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Whenever I have ungodly thoughts I start to pray for friends, for family, for missionaries, for people I know need help, for strength..... It is amazing how suddenly these bad thoughts go away! The enemy doesn't like me to pray! :D

You are right; its not GOD

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control."

Before you became a child of God, the devil did not have anything to worry about because you belonged to him. Then something happened that the devil did not think would happen; you gave your life to Christ and was removed from the darkness and placed into the wonderful light. Now, you are saved and that will not change. The devil knows that. He also knows that he can never have you back. So, what does he do now? He attempts to make your life miserable by giving you thoughts of fear, doubts, questions, etc. While you are entertaining all of these thoughts, you are missing out on the blessings God wants to bestow upon you.

It's not just yourself but a good amount of God's children although saved and blessed are still living as if they are still in captivity under some sort. That is why it is very important to be grounded in the word of God. That way when these thoughts come up in any one of us, we can go to the promises of God and claim them. "Resist the Devil and He will Flee." The Devil hates the word of God.

When you start having these feelings again, quote some of these scriptures; or better yet, go to the back of your Bible and look up all the scriptures for fear and start memorizing them. The next time you have this feeling of fear it's the Devil and respond accordingly.

Proverbs 3:25-26 "Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught."

Psalms 27: 1,3 "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread? Though a host encamp against me, my heart will not fear; thoguh war arise against me, in spite of this I shall be confident."

Hebrews 13:6 "So that we confidently say, THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?"

Scriptures like these are good weapons against the devil. Just keep repeating them. Remember, whatever you are feeling, look it up in the back of your bible. Start memorizing your verses.

But most of all, take all your concerns, fears, doubts etc. to God first and talk to him about it. Think about David who wrote the Book of Psalms he had no problem letting God know when he was afraid. Psalms 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will trust you."

Hope this helps

Hello

To your question: yes, there is a spiritual warfare if you want to stay fully without a compromise on god's way. The devil likes to make believers lukewarm by making them go to church without thinking seriously why is it good or why do you have anyway to sit before a pastor and let yourself be fed by milk. Either you obey the devil and become a usual Sunday christian or you keep staying in the fight against the devil's works and this might mean to be sometimes alone. God never abandons those who remain faithful.

Back