Stability

I pray this comes to strengthen you.

STABILITY by Dag Heward-Mills
READ: Psalm 92:12-15

Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.
Psalm 92:13
Anybody who does not want to be committed to a church, will ultimately leave that church.
There are countless Christians who are just visiting churches, but are not committed to any of them.These are the "watching Christians". They are watching out for how things will turn out by the next month. If they don't feel too happy with the pastor or his sermons, they will move to the next church.
God expects the believer to be like a tree that is planted by the rivers of water. The rivers of water are the powerful, life-changing messages that flow from the pulpit every Sunday.
Every Christian must be planted in the house of the Lord. You must have somebody to relate to as your pastor. God created us in a special way so that we are like sheep, who need a shepherd. You need to belong somewhere!
I remember one friend who finally came home after so journing in Europe for sometime. He didn't want to join this church, or that church. He was just not committed anywhere. He would go here today and there tomorrow.
At a point I had to remind him that it is only the devil who goes to and fro according to the book of Job! An uncommitted Christian is a potential backslider.

Daily Solutions

Dear episkopos,

How can I commit to one church if I must discover that the regular attendants of that church don't live what they confess or preach?
Usually the sermons of most churches I attended were indeed biblical and uplifting. But as soon as the people walk out of the church building they seem to leave their commitment to God's Word behind in that building.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very likely much worse than most church members. But it hurts to see that so many good words are spoken, so many applause is given, and yet so few thoughts are carried out.

Why then becoming a member of a particular church?

Love, little flower

Dear episkopos,

How can I commit to one church if I must discover that the regular attendants of that church don't live what they confess or preach?
Usually the sermons of most churches I attended were indeed biblical and uplifting. But as soon as the people walk out of the church building they seem to leave their commitment to God's Word behind in that building.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very likely much worse than most church members. But it hurts to see that so many good words are spoken, so many applause is given, and yet so few thoughts are carried out.

Why then becoming a member of a particular church?

Love, little flower

I hate to have to agree with you-but what you say is a truth. We are all hypocrites in some way-it is the testing. How do we get on with our fellow hypocrites? Do we step out and be an example of light (to the best of our ability with Grace at our side-which is the only way)? Do we overcome and lead? Or do we give up?

Aren't you glad God didn't give up on us?

Dear little flower, the church is like a hospital with patients in various stages of healing. None is righteous and we are not to sit in judgement of God's people lest we ourselves come into judgement. You need to be stable in order to bear fruit and also to see the fruit of your labor.

" Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me" (Luke 22:28-29)

This according to a Christian author Dag Heward-Mills writing in a book called "Loyalty and disloyalty" is one of the rewards of faithfulness.

Little flower become committed to one church and actively sow into the church. God will bless you!

Back