Stand To Lose More Than We Gain?

Sadly, most government assistance programs are designed to keep you on them continually without a means of getting back off of them. People HAVE managed to, but you will have to do some research and see how they managed it. I've fought pretty hard to keep off of them myself, but I have to admit, it hasn't been easy.

I do not think that is my issue. It's more that if I come off of them, I do not have a means to provide for my family. I do not have the skills to make enough money to provide for my family because of all that we would have to then pay for.

I would have a minimum wage job, which is not enough to cover the expenses of the household once I lose the government help.

Pray about it. Then do whatever is in your families best interest.

I have prayed, part of my prayer was asking God to show me if I am wrong for not working. As I mentioned, I have had no response, which could mean that God's none answer is my answer. Keep doing what it is you are doing.

I just have to believe that, which is hard. One of my biggest problems is that intellectually I know the Bible, but I have a hard time moving that knowledge from my mind to my heart.

I have prayed, part of my prayer was asking God to show me if I am wrong for not working. As I mentioned, I have had no response, which could mean that God's none answer is my answer. Keep doing what it is you are doing.

I just have to believe that, which is hard. One of my biggest problems is that intellectually I know the Bible, but I have a hard time moving that knowledge from my mind to my heart.
It's so difficult. I relate although not exactly same circumstances. I've been learning about KCM Ministries and it's made me to have belief in overcoming my limiting financial circumstances. I don't know How? or When? but i'm just trusting, relying and depending on God while doing what i know to do, and what i can . Do what we can and leave the rest to God so it seems which is good if we cultivate our relationship with Him and seek to do His will.

By the way i'd like to commend you for being there for your wife and child. That in itself shows the hard work, love and dedication you have. God will honour. You are doing your best and all you can.

I do not think that is my issue. It's more that if I come off of them, I do not have a means to provide for my family. I do not have the skills to make enough money to provide for my family because of all that we would have to then pay for.

I would have a minimum wage job, which is not enough to cover the expenses of the household once I lose the government help.

That is kinda my point. You are now in a situation where getting off the assistance hurts you, which means that the assistance itself builds dependence on it. There doesn't seem to be an option to help you move out of it at a reasonable pace. A minimum wage job actually hurts you because you lose the assistance rather than become weened off of it. I can only really offer to pray as I'm not in a significantly different position except that I am not on assistance, I'm simply suffering through while making minimum wage part time.

My parents are in the exact same position. My mother claims to have lupus and my father "lost" His job many years ago. So now that they have food stamps and other government assistance and my father won't get a job because they would lose all that.

I don't think my father has even applied to a job in years. He claims he was making around 50k a year running his own business, which he could still do but won't.

Honestly, I would prefer to lose all that and just pray that God would work something out. But, like I've said in another thread, I hate people helping me at all.

Pray and let God tell you what to do. I know it's difficult to be poor, because me and my wife were starting out. We could barely eat to begin with and the government refused to help us. Looking back, that was probably a blessing. Just trust God will help you and listen to what He says.

Back