Standing with Others

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Standing with Others

"Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

From the beginning of time, God made it clear that it is not good for His people to be alone (Gen. 2:18). God designed us to cooperate. Throughout the Scriptures He speaks of His people as a community that accomplishes more together than separately. God did not create us as isolated individuals, each seeking to achieve our own goals. Rather, the success of our endeavors depends upon our interdependence. This is why He established the Church and released His Holy Spirit to empower the community of believers to spread the gospel. We are to be a kingdom of priests (I Peter 2:9).
During difficult times it is critical that we are walking in fellowship with other Christians. When a crisis hits, it is overwhelming to face it alone. But if we have cultivated supportive friendships, we will find strength in the comfort and encouragement of those who care about us. Interdependence is also a safeguard for us when we are lured by temptation. The consistent testimony of those who have fallen to temptation is that they isolated themselves from other believers and were not held accountable by Christians friends.
If you are not a part of a caring community of believers, you are missing out on what God designed you for. You are also in danger of falling into sin. You must link your life with others who are seeking God's will. Seek to be a person who willingly joins others in carrying out God's assignments. Strive to be the source of support and encouragement that those around you need.

Henry T. & Richard Blackaby

Godbe4me:groupray:

If you are not a part of a caring community of believers, you are missing out on what God designed you for. You are also in danger of falling into sin. You must link your life with others who are seeking God's will. Seek to be a person who willingly joins others in carrying out God's assignments. Strive to be the source of support and encouragement that those around you need.

Amen .... That's a good word for sure . And if we do not belong to a body of believers who share , pray and yes even play together how can we grow in the love of Jesus ?

If we belong somewhere there is more strength and power in prayer and a closeness that link us together and with our Heavenly Father .

I have found small groups very uplifting and there you get to know and bond closer with fellow believers and when you are sick or have any problems they are there to pray and offer support. That is the kind of love the I believe Jesus would have us do for our fellow believers.

Back