Starting Over

So my first year of college wasn't the best. I lost my faith in a way for some time there and at the end of the year God opened my eyes to my mistakes (in a painfully obvious way too). Anyway, I'm trying to start over and move on from my mistakes. Any suggestions on how to 1) strengthen my relationship with God, 2) cope with my mistakes/not punish myself, 3) move on spiritually and grow socially?

Hi there; always it's good to make daily, prayeful Bible reading central to one's thinking. There are so many other ideas out there, but the central theme of the Bible is the wonderful redeeming love of the Lord Jesus to sinners who turn and trust Him. Helpful passages about this great theme include John chapter 3; John chapter 14:1-6, and the Epistle to the Romans.

God has a process:

Worship, pray, fast when necessary, read your Bible, meditate on the Word, fellowship with Bible believing Christians, seek good counsel and repeat. Living for God is a ...eh hem...'lifestyle choice'....

so is not living for God.

Try this spiritual diet once a day for a week and start planning your own 'meals':

Spiritual Diet: Consume the Word John 1:1-14, John 6:31-67

Appetizer: Luke 12:22-32 Faith
Soup: Matthew 5:1-16 Blessings
Salad: Revelation 4, Revelation 7:9-12, Revelation 21:4-5, Revelation 22:1-5 Hope
Entree': John 17 Love
Dessert: Ephesians 6:10-18 Protection

Back