Stay Connected

Dusty

Inactive
Stay Connected

Passages found in Acts 4 : 32 - 37.....,. 9 : 26 - 28 .... 11: 25-26....15: 36-41

When we are connected to God , He renews our minds. One of the ways to stay connected to each other is through the act of encouragement.

1 Thess 5 : 11 - Therefore encourage one an other and build each other up just as in fact you are doing.

This is one of Jesus commandments that we practise the word of encouragement to put courage into some one else who might be struggling or faltering .Encouragement strengthens.

1----- Meeting Practical Needs In others.

In Acts 4 : 32-37,, we see that all the believers were one in heart and mind and shared everything.

Barnabus who was called Son of Encouragement who was a Levite from the country of Cyprus which was a very wealthy country , sold a piece of his property which probably in our day would be worth millions and brought the money and put it at the apostles feet. This helped the people not only in their needs but also to show them to do the same. and encouraged them.

Even if we don't have monetary means - any kind of offering can help such as volunteer work in the community . There are many ways to help and encourage. Small acts of kindness become mighty acts of worship in the sight of God .

2---Seeing Their God Given Potential And Pursue It

Barnabus saw potential in Saul's life in Acts 9 : 26- 28.
Barnabus saw that Saul had changed and he brought him to the apostles . He took Saul around and told every one of his conversion and he encouraged Saul.

Barnabus saw Saul through the eyes of God.

3 --- Shows us that we can Connect With others

Our God is a God of second chances ( and 3rd- 4th etc. ) We find that Barnabus also showed John - Mark that God gives every one second chances Acts 15: 36 -41. We need to stay connected to the " True Vine " . When we are separated from the vine---- the branches wither and die.

John 15:1
[ The Vine and the Branches ] "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

John 15:4
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

john15_5.jpg

Thankyou Dear Sister for this very wonderful encouragement of unity in Christ.

God bless
Love brother

Yes , that is our theme for the month of July at church .... "Stay Connected." I tried to remember some of the sermon and I know how important it is to stay connected to the " True Vine ", Jesus Christ plus also to stay connected with our Christian friends.

Jesus really does want us to be encouragers whenever and where we can. He did not turn any one away and neither should we as we patern ourselves after our Shepherd.

You are a blessing," Univac " Thanks

youareablessingspin.gif

Back