Steve Harvey Asks Joel Osteen 'does God Have A Sense Of Humor?'

Steve Harvey, the host and comedian, welcomed televangelist Joel Osteen to his hit daytime self-titled talk show recently to question if God has a sense of humor.

Osteen, the 50-year-old Pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, said he believed God does indeed have a humorous sentiment. "I do. I think he has a sense of humor," Osteen tells Harvey in a conversation that will air on the "Steve Harvey" show.
"You know, just from a scriptures point of view it says God sits in the heavens and laughs." Osteen backed up his point by describing a baby's personality.
"Isn't it funny how babies laugh a lot?" Osteen questioned. "I read a toddler, a young child laughs 300 times a day.

Read More http://www.everydaydevotional.com/2013/11/steve-harvey-asks-joel-osteen-god-have.html

After coming to Jesus, and just a few days later I quit my job to go full time ministry! I am sure the Lord got a kick out of that.
I wanted to save the whole world, and was willing to do and say anything. It was not long after that I had to find another job! :)
I takes years to prepare someone for the ministry that the Lord has called them to. It took 40 years for Moses in the desert to prepare him. I wanted to get into the more accelerated program!

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. :LOL:

I think God does have a sense of humor, and I believe this is demonstrated in Luke 24:

13And behold, two of them were going that very day to a village named Emmaus, which was about seven miles from Jerusalem. 14And they were talking with each other about all these things which had taken place. 15While they were talking and discussing, Jesus Himself approached and began traveling with them. 16But their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him. 17And He said to them, “What are these words that you are exchanging with one another as you are walking?” And they stood still, looking sad. 18One of them, named Cleopas, answered and said to Him, “Are You the only one visiting Jerusalem and unaware of the things which have happened here in these days?” 19And He said to them, “What things?”

In particular, look at verses 18 & 19. I chuckle each time I read this. How could Jesus keep a straight face when he said, "What things?"

I would agree that God most certainly has a sense of humour and I believe he smiles at us a lot more than we might think. I think with humour there is a definite line to be drawn as God describes foolish talking and jesting as a work of darkness and I must admit, it is one I struggle with a bit, I like a laugh the same as the next person.

I wish I could remember the title of a book my wife's brother read. It was written by a Christian theologian who pointed out Scriptural passages which may have been intended to be humorous. Supposedly, Matthew 19:24 may have been intended to be expressing truth through humor.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really do think laughter and humor are some of the greatest gifts we get from God. Our happiest moments often involve laughter, from weddings to new life.

One of the greatest gifts I ever received from God was growing up in a loving home, but what made it so special to me wasn't just the family support, but the constant laughter. We often found humor in the strangest places and were able to laugh at each other, at ourselves, and with each other in the best way possible. My hope is that my wife and I will extend this same family model onto our own kids as my parents extended to me and my 5 brothers and sisters.

I wish I could remember the title of a book my wife's brother read. It was written by a Christian theologian who pointed out Scriptural passages which may have been intended to be humorous. Supposedly, Matthew 19:24 may have been intended to be expressing truth through humor.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really do think laughter and humor are some of the greatest gifts we get from God. Our happiest moments often involve laughter, from weddings to new life.

One of the greatest gifts I ever received from God was growing up in a loving home, but what made it so special to me wasn't just the family support, but the constant laughter. We often found humor in the strangest places and were able to laugh at each other, at ourselves, and with each other in the best way possible. My hope is that my wife and I will extend this same family model onto our own kids as my parents extended to me and my 5 brothers and sisters.

Absolutely agree, God created us and laughter is just the best, especially if you can laugh at yourself! We take ourselves a little seriously when I think God would say lighten up a bit and relax. So nice to hear your testimony of your home, I wish many others were like that....

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all the corners of the world.

Then He made the earth round....and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Hilarious! Is that really in the Bible? I don't remember it!

Or is it just a great joke.

I take things too literally, I think.

Back