'Stop praying for him!'

I'm not sure if this complies with the forum rules but here it goes.

Patrick Bradley, a food writer living in New York, recently published a letter to his parents that caused a lot of controversy.

Bradley said that his parents refused to attend his gay wedding and accused them of homophobia.

His parents are Christian and the mother alledgedly said that an angel appeared to her and told her to stop praying for his son because 'he was already in hell'.

I agree that homosexuality is a sin but this is horrible and totally un-Christian.

Never stop praying for your loved ones, the mercy of the Lord is great and there is always hope!

The words 'stop praying for him' are so disturbing, I wonder if the mother was visited by a demon in disguise... 'No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.' (2 Corinthians 11:14)

Patrick Bradley, a food writer living in New York, recently published a letter to his parents that caused a lot of controversy.

Bradley said that his parents refused to attend his gay wedding and accused them of homophobia.

His parents are Christian and the mother alledgedly said that an angel appeared to her and told her to stop praying for his son because 'he was already in hell'.

I agree that homosexuality is a sin but this is horrible and totally un-Christian.

Never stop praying for your loved ones, the mercy of the Lord is great and there is always hope!

The words 'stop praying for him' are so disturbing, I wonder if the mother was visited by a demon in disguise... 'No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.' (2 Corinthians 11:14)
I agree with your assessment.

Amen, let's pray right now for Jesus to intervene in the mother so she knows how much her son is loved by God and to never give up

A new member in here ask me to pray for her family before thanksgiving cuz she would have had to cook and do everything, I prayed here and after a lot, and she said they became well, first her brother, i think, then others members of her family, so i am believing and agreeing with Jesus for this situation, Jesus love and for the mother to only see the Truth of Jesus, His Eternal Love for her son, now!

A new member in here ask me to pray for her family before thanksgiving cuz she would have had to cook and do everything, I prayed here and after a lot, and she said they became well, first her brother, i think, then others members of her family, so i am believing and agreeing with Jesus for this situation, Jesus love and for the mother to only see the Truth of Jesus, His Eternal Love for her son, now!

Amen! Jesus bless!

Not only is this un-Christian it is un-Biblical. Not one person who is lost is totally beyond the reach of God until their body is no longer alive.

Thank You heavenly Father for sending laborers across this family's path. Ministering angels that are sent forth to minister to them who shall be heirs of salvation (sōtēria- rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving - Heb. 1:14). Father we bind the strong man from this man and his partner's mind and thank You for delivering them from the bondage of the evil one according to 2 Timothy 2:24-26. We know that You love them and desire to fellowship with them and show them Your salvation. We release Your forgiveness and love into this family's life and thank You for leading them in the way everlasting. Thank You Father for also ministering to the parents love and peace and grace. Give them what they need to stand on Your Word, to bring their son into Your loving arms. In Jesus Name, Amen

Last edited:
"Man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceedeth from the mouth of God "
It does not say we live by visions and prophecy and the like .
Even Peter who some say they honour said" we have a better prophecy " Meaning the Word of God over and above anything he heard and saw on the mount when Jesus was transformed and his perfection manifested .
The scriptures do teach there are times when prayers must cease .
Samuel was still weeping and interceding for Saul when God told him to stop .God had already rejected Saul and chosen another .
I Samuel 16
The man in Corinth who had so sinned a sin not even the heathen sinned like unto this christian.
Paul did not say pray for his restoration. He said i have already prayed that his body may be given over to Satan (he might die) that his soul maybe saved.
John says you can pray fro some whos sin is not unto death.
I doubt much if the mother was told he was already in hell for he is not dead yet .
For it is appointed once to die then cometh the judgment .
But by his unbelief "the wrath of God abideth on him still"
In that he was raised in a christian (?) household his rebellion is worse .

By the scriptures also it teaches that lines can be crossed which if crossed there is no remedy .
Herod for one .
Judas for another .
Cain another .
Saul.
Belthezaar.

and no doubt others also .
So we cannot by the scriptures say while a man lives he is still able to be saved .
Ahab crossed a line somewhere.

and while he lived longer than the time past of his condemnation his end was so certain that Michia simply could not say anything to the contrary to what another under God had said.

In truth then all men are sons of disobedience by nature .
What needs to be prayed for if anything is that the conviction of the Holy Spirit will come upon that son in such a way of his sin, of judgment and the righteousness of God . As much if not more than Gods willingness to save .
God is well able to save to the uttermost all that call upon His name .
But he is a God of order .
and the root cause of such sin is laid out in Romans.
The son will no doubt find many who will 'support' him in his sin and be sympathetic .
But if he is to be saved at all perchance he needs must lose all and being hungered would feed of the unclean pigs . He may THEN come to his senses. or as the bible puts it "himself " and consider his ways .
But if he is given support ,sympathy and bread he will not.
It is not then a matter of God being unable .It is a matter of is he willing?

in Christ
gerald

What about this scripture?

1Jn 5:16.. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

If a person is in known sin, and their conscience tells them they are, and if they do not repent, they have opened themselves up to the devil. Praying for them will not help, as they know better, but refuse to yield.
Death can happen sooner in their life then later because of it.

The Prophet Jeremiah was told by God not to pray...

Jer 14:11.. Then said the LORD unto me, Pray not for this people for their good.

Last edited:
Jesus said there was only one unforgivable sin, which means all the others are forgivable.
I know a few Evangelicals who tell my wife not to pray for her parents. I told her to disregard that information, because it is not biblical.
What scripture says:
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit." Ephesians 6:18

"Pray without ceasing" 1thessalonians 5:17
"At all times they ought to pray" Luke 18:1

Maybe the angel had a middle eastern hebrew accent and he really said start praying, but it sounded like stop praying.

If someone said with a heavy accent "stot pwaying" maybe someone else might think the angel was saying stop paying for something.

Jesus said there was only one unforgivable sin, which means all the others are forgivable.
I know a few Evangelicals who tell my wife not to pray for her parents. I told her to disregard that information, because it is not biblical.
What scripture says:

Maybe the angel had a middle eastern hebrew accent and he really said start praying, but it sounded like stop praying.

If someone said with a heavy accent "stot pwaying" maybe someone else might think the angel was saying stop paying for something.

I do not think the problem is with not being forgiven, but the Lord God will not go against a man's "will". Man has a free will choice to do whatever he wants, weather he is a Christian, or an unbeliever. If a man chooses to do something knowing it is wrong, no amount of prayer is going to change that mans mind, as he must make that choice himself.

Last edited:
I do not think the problem is with not being forgiven, but the Lord God will not go against a man's "will". Man has a free will choice to do whatever he wants, weather he is a Christian, or an unbeliever. If a man chooses to do something knowing it is wrong, no amount of prayer is going to change that mans mind, as he must make that choice himself.
What I understood out of OPs post was that when it said the person was already in hell though they were still alive meant they believed the person made an unforgivable sin. So I wondered to myself how can someone be condemned to hell while still alive unless they did the unforgivable sin. I hadn't really thought about the free will part as I think that starts to get into a forbidden subject here. http://www.christianforumsite.com/index.php?threads/41972/ :D

Last edited:
What scripture says:

AMEN

Back