Stormy Weather

Dusty

Inactive
Stormy Weather

When the storms hit ..... and they do and they will ; just look at the story of the disciples :

Mark 4: 37-40 ........

37A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"
39He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. 40He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

When we think of the situation , these were experienced fishermen , who have weathered all kinds of storms , knew the waters but still thought they were going to die and Jesus was right in the boat with them .

What do they do ? When they saw the Master sleeping , don't you think they would have seem that everything was under control ? No , all they said was " Don't you care ? '

I think all of us have said those words when we are into lifes crisis . I have said it myself " Lord where are you ? " Don't you care ?"

How could I ever think my Saviour does not care ? So I ask myself ; where is my faith ?

I can imagine the turn around if one of the disciples had stood up and said, with faith, the words Jesus had just spoken " Let us go to the other side "

How does that relate in our daily lives today ? The promises of God are yea and amen . He is the same yesterday , today and forever . When we are living by faith , it is all about clinging to His Words , and the Person of Jesus Christ no matter how we feel .

When we are in the middle of life's storm , let's ask our self - Where is my focus ? Do I focus upon the difficult circumstance or upon God's eternal promises and power , and the Person of Jesus Christ .

Christ cares deeply for us . He is worthy of our faith in Him .

Turn your eyes upon Jesus , look full in His wonderful face and the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

big_193548.jpg

Upon going to our church camp today and being refreshed with the awesome missionary stories , I was reflecting tonight about God's goodness and mercy .

Wow .... this one missionary told us of a remote place in Africa where the people have nothing .... no shoes and a lot of them no clothes and food and clean water . The missionary talked about scorpions and snakes and how all the time they have been there they have never been bitten ., and how they rely and trust God for even the food they have and most times the missionaries go with out food for two days but she has never felt stronger and has no sickness and totally depends of Christ.

It made me think of everything we have here and still people grumble and complain . Why are we such a thankless society ?

We should count our blessings everyday.

That's right and when we stop and think we live in countries full of blessing . I know you love your country as I do mine and We are put in this place for such a time as this . to be His hands and feet extended.

Back