Strength for waiting on the Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.

He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]. [II Cor. 12:9.]

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. [Heb. 12:1-3.]
Isaiah 40:28‭-‬29‭, ‬31 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/isa.40.28-31.AMPC

Strength...
H3581
Original: כּוח כּח
Transliteration: kôach kôach
Phonetic: ko'-akh

BDB Definition: strength, power, might

Strong's Definition: From an unused root meaning to be firm ; vigor, literally (force, in a good or a bad sense) or figuratively (capacity, means, produce); also (from its hardiness) a large lizard: - ability, able, chameleon, force, fruits, might, power (-ful), strength, substance, wealth.

One thing that seemed interesting to find in this definition is the Word chameleon. A chameleon will change the color of its skin to match it's surrounding for protection. So if we change our attitudes and demeanor to be like our Master (Jesus Christ the Messiah (Ephesians 5:1) the anointing within Him (that now resides in us because of Him, and our acceptance of Him) will empower us and we will gain strength.

Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion; And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude], And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.
Ephesians 4:22‭-‬24 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/eph.4.22-24.AMPC

THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance {burden, inconvenience, distraction} (unnecessary weight things that are not necessarily sin, but are hindrances or triggers to sin) and that sin which so readily (deftly (in a way that is neatly skillful and quick in movement) and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence (We have to make the choice, a conscious unmovable decision to put this into action) the appointed course of the race that is set before us,

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. [Ps. 110:1.]

Just think of Him Who endured from sinners such grievous opposition and bitter hostility against Himself [reckon up and consider it all in comparison with your trials], so that you may not grow weary or exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds.

You have not yet struggled and fought agonizingly against sin, nor have you yet resisted and withstood to the point of pouring out your [own] blood.
Hebrews 12:1‭-‬4 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/heb.12.1-4.AMPC

The last verse helped me to realize that when unsaid I was trying to not do something, I was not resisting with everything I had.

Jesus is such a great example to follow. And if He can do it, we can... because the Spirit Who came to live within us is the same

*** All blue words in the above Scriptures are what I got from the Holy Spirt (And the dictionary), while meditating and studying..

May this post bring you as much enlightenment and freedom (strength) as it does and will continue to bring me.

God blessings be abundant upon you All!
Cturtle

He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound]. [II Cor. 12:9.]

AMEN....I can testify to this!!!!

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. [Heb. 12:1-3.]

AMEN. Walk in God's strength not your own. AMEN.... With God, we have all the strength we need. It's when we attempt to do things on our own strength when we fail.
Thank you for sharing. Very well stated and broken down.

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.

Strength...
H3581

Strong's Definition: From an unused root meaning to be firm ; vigor, literally (force, in a good or a bad sense) or figuratively (capacity, means, produce); also (from its hardiness) a large lizard: - ability, able, chameleon, force, fruits, might, power (-ful), strength, substance, wealth.

One thing that seemed interesting to find in this definition is the Word chameleon. A chameleon will change the color of its skin to match it's surrounding for protection. So if we change our attitudes and demeanor to be like our Master (Jesus Christ the Messiah (Ephesians 5:1) the anointing within Him (that now resides in us because of Him, and our acceptance of Him) will empower us and we will gain strength.

Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion; And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude], And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.

THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance {burden, inconvenience, distraction} (unnecessary weight things that are not necessarily sin, but are hindrances or triggers to sin) and that sin which so readily (deftly (in a way that is neatly skillful and quick in movement) and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence (We have to make the choice, a conscious unmovable decision to put this into action) the appointed course of the race that is set before us,

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. [Ps. 110:1.]

Just think of Him Who endured from sinners such grievous opposition and bitter hostility against Himself [reckon up and consider it all in comparison with your trials], so that you may not grow weary or exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds.

You have not yet struggled and fought agonizingly against sin, nor have you yet resisted and withstood to the point of pouring out your [own] blood.

The last verse helped me to realize that when unsaid I was trying to not do something, I was not resisting with everything I had.

Jesus is such a great example to follow. And if He can do it, we can... because the Spirit Who came to live within us is the same

*** All blue words in the above Scriptures are what I got from the Holy Spirt (And the dictionary), while meditating and studying..

May this post bring you as much enlightenment and freedom (strength) as it does and will continue to bring me.

Cturtle

Hello CTurtle;

Amazing thread! I'm sharing the message referencing Isaiah 40:28-31 this Sunday.
God bless you.

AMEN....I can testify to this!!!!

AMEN. Walk in God's strength not your own. AMEN.... With God, we have all the strength we need. It's when we attempt to do things on our own strength when we fail.
Thank you for sharing. Very well stated and broken down.

The Holy Spirit reminded me of another verse to match what you said...

[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.
Philippians 2:13 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/php.2.13.AMPC

Thanks for the springboard ... lol :)

i read somewhere a long time ago that we should seek to live the exchanged life - give all of us to the Lord so that all of Him could live through us - my only hope of Glory/perfection is Christ in me - Colossians 1:27 - and - i must decrease so that He can increase - John 3:30

I took that literally, and different times when i found my own ability lacking, I asked Christ for His. And I gave Him mine.

i was pleasantly surprised to find Christ's ability working through me was always much better than the best ability I had.

when I do tests, I ask for Christ in me to do the test. much better results than when I do the test myself.

when I need to treat others well, I ask for Christ in me to love others and think of / speak to/ treat them the way Christ would.

the exchanged life is a fun adventure, and takes me to better levels of thought/word/deed than I ever thought possible.

i read somewhere a long time ago that we should seek to live the exchanged life - give all of us to the Lord so that all of Him could live through us - my only hope of Glory/perfection is Christ in me - Colossians 1:27 - and - i must decrease so that He can increase - John 3:30

I took that literally, and different times when i found my own ability lacking, I asked Christ for His. And I gave Him mine.

i was pleasantly surprised to find Christ's ability working through me was always much better than the best ability I had.

when I do tests, I ask for Christ in me to do the test. much better results than when I do the test myself.

when I need to treat others well, I ask for Christ in me to love others and think of / speak to/ treat them the way Christ would.

the exchanged life is a fun adventure, and takes me to better levels of thought/word/deed than I ever thought possible.

Thank you for sharing this. It truly speaks to me.

God bless you with an abundance of grace and peace

Strength...
H3581

Cturtle
"Jesus, who is our Leader and Source of faith"... powerful encouragement sister! thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back