Struggling Christian, Begging For Mercy. Please...please Help Me

PAUL ..
Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

Eph 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

Eph 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Col 1:5 because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel

Col 1:23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.

Col 1:27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1Th 1:3 constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father,

1Th 5:8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.

1Th 2:19 For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming?

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,

1Ti 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

1Ti 5:5 Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day.

Tts 1:2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago,

Tts 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Tts 3:7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Hbr 3:6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house--whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

Hbr 6:11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end,

Hbr 6:18 so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.

Hbr 7:19 (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Hbr 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;

PETER ..
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1Pe 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1Pe 1:21 who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

1Pe 3:15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

JOHN ..
1Jo 3:3 And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Salvation is a "hope" while we are on earth ..
no one on earth has a guarantee they are saved ..
God's OFFER (by grace) of salvation IF you obey is "guaranteed" ..
but that we will not "endure in it to the end" is NOT ..

so the first thing you must understand is you are still living by the flesh ..
you need to change that and be "born again" as a "new creature" that "lives in the spirit of holiness" ..

this means you need to not just believe, but become obedient ..
ok .. so the devil is temping you ..
this is like Job .. what is stronger ..
your love for God so you obey Him ..
or ..
your love of the worldly so you disobey Him ???

simply put .. when you DO actually love God with your ALL ..
you will have NO PROBLEM resisting satan ..
hence you WILL BE "born-again" as a "new creature" ..

here are some scriptures for you ..

Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

Hbr 12:8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

1Jo 3:10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

did you understand that ???

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

that is simple enough .. not every one who believes will enter heaven but those who "believe and obey" ..

Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?

interesting .. they are calling Jesus "Lord, Lord" .. and they say they not only were believers but they "prophesied, cast out demons and did miracles" IN HIS NAME ..
God Bless you ..

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Luk 9:62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

God Bless you ..
Actually, we are given a guarantee at salvation, the Holy Spirit.

"to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. 13In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Jared, God puts him promise inside you which is the Holy Spirit. You are sealed with his promise that you are saved and all your sins, that is every sin is forgiven. Jesus died for all sins, not just some.

Obviously, you have a sincere heart that wants to obey God and if you resist and ignore the voices that try to cause you to sin, you will.

If certain scriptures confuse you about this, please let me know which ones and I will explain.

God does "Judge" ALL, but "Judgement" falls only on those who disobey, believers and non-believers alike ..

2Cr 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Hbr 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

1Pe 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Rom 3:4 May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written, “THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS,
AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED.”

1Pe 1:17 If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

1Jo 4:17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

it is only the believers who are "judged to be obedient, who escape "Judgement" .. (y)

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, ’Lord, Lord, ’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

note these are believers who prophesied, cast out demons and did miracles IN HIS NAME .. also see Mat chap 25 ..

Mat 7:2 “For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Mat 12:36 “But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

Jhn 5:29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Jam 5:9 Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you yourselves may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing fnright at the door.

1Cr 11:31 But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged.

Rom 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
Rom 2:2 And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things.
Rom 2:3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?

Rom 14:10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

1Cr 11:29 For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly.

2Cr 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

1Ti 5:24 The sins of some men are quite evident, going before them to judgment; for others, their sins follow after.

Jam 2:13 For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

Jam 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

Jam 5:12 But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but your yes is to be yes, and your no, no, so that you may not fall under judgment.

God Bless you as you seek to follow His will ..

Actually, we are given a guarantee at salvation, the Holy Spirit.

If certain scriptures confuse you about this, please let me know which ones and I will explain.

actually we have a PROMISE by God that if we believe repent and obey we WILL receive salvation IF we endure in that ..

Jared, God puts him promise inside you which is the Holy Spirit. You are sealed with his promise that you are saved and all your sins, that is every sin is forgiven. Jesus died for all sins, not just some.

you refute scripture ..

Act 5:32 "And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He becomes to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

you refute scripture ..

Act 5:32 "And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He becomes to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,
Hello ixoye_8

To satisfy you, I will go through your scriptures and explain because I want a clear understanding for Jared.

indeed Jesus died for all sins .. but his sacrifice is only applied to those you REPENT OF aka a change of heart about ..

ok fine Olivia .. start here ..

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

that is simple enough .. not every one who believes will enter heaven but those who "believe and obey" ..

Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’

interesting .. they are calling Jesus "Lord, Lord" .. and they say they not only were believers but they "prophesied, cast out demons and did miracles" IN HIS NAME ..

Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’

It says get away from me I never knew you, not I knew you but now I don't. These people were never saved.

and what was Jesus' reply to them ???

but they believed .. prophecy, cast out demons and miracles in HIS NAME ..
where is the grantee ???

"So Moses and Aaron came to Pharaoh, and thus they did just as the LORD had commanded; and Aaron threw his staff down before Pharaoh and his servants, and it became a serpent. 11Then Pharaoh also called for the wise men and the sorcerers, and they also, the magicians of Egypt, did the same with their secret arts.…" (Exodus 7:10-11).

People in the new age, those into the "secret arts" also do things.

"It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, "These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation." 18She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!" And it came out at that very moment.…" (Act 16:16-18).

Spirit of divination that Paul cast out.

but they believed .. prophecy, cast out demons and miracles in HIS NAME ..
where is the guarantee ???

your answer of ..
It says get away from me I never knew you, not I knew you but now I don't. These people were never saved.

I ask by what power did those who say "Lord, Lord" IN HIS NAME do these things ???
your whole understanding rests upon you negating this by your understanding of "I never knew you" means ..

I can KNOW a person for a long time and then they can expose an evil side ..
so I KNEW them .. but I never really KNEW them ..
indeed .. Jesus is saying YOU NEVER WERE MINE ..
YET THEY WERE BELIEVERS .. whom he knew they were ..

the thing is Olivia .. Jesus is reading hearts ..
you may believe, but you are NOT loving God with your ALL ..
you CAN love God with your all and ERR ..
however IF you love God with your ALL ..
what you did MAKES YOU SAD !!!
and you FIX IT .. by repenting FULL HEARTEDLY and to desire to NOT err like that again ..

those Christians in that verse in question ..
did NOT do what is underlined ..

Last edited:
and you FIX IT .. by repenting FULL HEARTEDLY and to desire to NOT err like that again ..

thus Jesus' sacrifice for ALL/ANY sins, is not applied to those for that reason ..
(failure to love God with ALL) .. hence their rejection ..

your answer of ..

I ask by what power did those who say "Lord, Lord" IN HIS NAME do these things ???
your whole understanding rests upon you negating this by your understanding of "I never knew you" means ..

I can KNOW a person for a long time and then they can expose an evil side ..
so I KNEW them .. but I never really KNEW them ..
indeed .. Jesus is saying YOU NEVER WERE MINE ..
YET THEY WERE BELIEVERS .. whom he knew they were ..

"It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, "These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation." 18She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!" And it came out at that very moment.…" (Act 16:16-18).

This slave girl was proclaiming that Paul served the Most High God by an evil Spirit that Paul cast out.

Tell me, if someone goes to a market and steals something saying and believing that Jesus told them to do it, was it God's will?

I think you bring up an important point that I would like to address, but I have to do a couple of things like make my son breakfast so I will get back to you as soon as I can.

This slave girl was proclaiming that Paul served the Most High God by an evil Spirit that Paul cast out.

Tell me, if someone goes to a market and steals something saying and believing that Jesus told them to do it, was it God's will?

not relevant .. these are believers PROPHESYING, CASTING OUT DEMONS (which Jesus says satan does not cast out satan) and MIRACLES .. IN HIS NAME ..

apples to stones ..

Back