Struggling to Believe as Troubles come

A Devotional to Share

Greetings in Christ Jesus,
Struggling to believe The Promises of God when Troubles comes is something, if we are honest, have all had to overcome at one time or another.

I am going to paint you a picture so clear you will have to have help to not see it.

Your Spirit man compared to a natural man.

Natural man enjoys life and wants to have fun. Does just enough exercises that he thinks he is good.
Lay's around watching TV and eating junk.

Then one night an evil man and two of his companions bust down the door and begin to attack you.

You think man I better go lift some weights and get some muscles so I can defend my self and stand......

No. You better run and get your neighbor to help you.

Now it's the same with the Spirit man.
You feed him just enough to get by or just enough that you feel you have done enough.

Hours and hours go by each day and you don't feed or exercise your Spirit Man, after all I went to church last week.

Then all hell breaks out, things begin to fall apart and you soon realize your under attack.

You try to stand and believe but soon find there is no confidence in God's word coming up out of your heart.

You begin to doubt and wonder why this is happening so you decide, hey I will go get some faith and pray to God for more faith.

Nope, not going to happen.
Your Spirit man is as a skinny little runt and can't stand against the wiles of the devil.

In BOTH cases there were choices made that did not Equip either the natural man or the Spirit Man to Stand Strong with out wavering.

Just like the natural human muscle, the Spirit man must be fed properly and exercised properly in order to grow.

This is when Real Biblical Faith begins to grow in your heart.

If any of us want to live as God has described in His Word and Have the results that God said we can have.....

We have got to make the choice to do so.
Then we have to WORK. We have to put forth a mind set as the body builder or boxer does in order to get prepared for the next fight and go after God's word and putting what is written into practice . Oh and there will be a next fight.

Scripture tells us we must have faith like a child. That means simply believe what is written in God's word.

You can convince a child that there is a man in the moon and they will argue with any one who says other wise. Because they believe it. That's how we are to be with His word. Simply Believe It.

So as you can see, you want to stand true and believe with out doubt?
Then that choice is yours and yours alone to make.
Then you must Act on that choice.
Remember. ..... God is not going to do for us what He has already given us to do.

So you sometimes have trouble believing certain parts of God's Promises to us when things get tough.......

What Are you Willing to do about it?
Only You can change that and praying for God to change it is simply a waste of your time. He Told you to do this.....

Romans 12:2. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5.
Galatians 5:16. 2 Corinthians 9:8

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day)

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds

5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else)

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least)

All done through the Grace of God who maketh all grace abound to me. (2Corinthians 9:8)

Blessings and love in Christ
FCJ

If you will take the time to apply this to your life, well it will never be the same.
Now you must Grasp, it's not going to happen over night and will take work on your part.

However it's the DOERS of The Word who get God's Attention.
Blessings
FCJ

Back