Struggling to Get over former Boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I haven't been active on this site for awhile. There is something that has been on my mind today and over the past year or more. In June 2017 my Boyfriend of 8 months broke up with me before that we had been best friends for about 2 years. I have still been good friends with him ever since. But I still feel like I am struggling getting over him I still care about him a lot and he is one of my go to people for a variety of personal things.

I would never want to not be friends with him but I think if he asked me if I wanted to date again I would say yes especially more recently some of his skype video chats occasionally I am not sure if I am misreading good friends over affection and interest since I am not generally that good at picking up on stuff like that. He believed that we wouldn't be a happy married couple and there were some issues that definitely long term unless he changed his attitude I couldn't live with or I would be unhappy and miserable.
Also when I was dating him some of my friends would say he was not acting properly sort of emotionally abusive and I've recently been worried that I caused a lot of the problems and it bothers me since I feel I don't what was really the case I am unsure. We were not matched very well love language wise in some ways.

Please prayers I get over this and advice. I know it takes time but I feel like I myself may have prolonged the dwelling. Also the break up continued to have some lasting affect extremely bruising my self-image and confidence.

Please prayers I get over this and advice. I know it takes time but I feel like I myself may have prolonged the dwelling. Also the break up continued to have some lasting affect extremely bruising my self-image and confidence.

Surely we will be praying here, and thankfully there a many good people here that will be praying for you that will be more effective than mine! :)

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all I haven't been active on this site for awhile. There is something that has been on my mind today and over the past year or more. In June 2017 my Boyfriend of 8 months broke up with me before that we had been best friends for about 2 years. I have still been good friends with him ever since. But I still feel like I am struggling getting over him I still care about him a lot and he is one of my go to people for a variety of personal things.

I would never want to not be friends with him but I think if he asked me if I wanted to date again I would say yes especially more recently some of his skype video chats occasionally I am not sure if I am misreading good friends over affection and interest since I am not generally that good at picking up on stuff like that. He believed that we wouldn't be a happy married couple and there were some issues that definitely long term unless he changed his attitude I couldn't live with or I would be unhappy and miserable.
Also when I was dating him some of my friends would say he was not acting properly sort of emotionally abusive and I've recently been worried that I caused a lot of the problems and it bothers me since I feel I don't what was really the case I am unsure. We were not matched very well love language wise in some ways.

Your certainly in our prayers. Keep asking the Lord what the truth is and ask Him to show you how to handle things. And what to do. He will not lead you astray.
James 1:6 says if we ask for wisdom, He will give it to us without getting upset with us. So seek Him first and let Him lead you into all truth.

Be very cautious about whose advice you listen to... And make sure everything that is said lines up with the Word.

Moderators note..... All members please keep posts to prayers offered for the op, and refrain from giving advice. Thank you

Rule 3.2d Due to liability concerns, CFS does not, under any circumstances, allow the posting of professional, clinical or psychological advice for members. This is especially enforced in the "Personal" posting areas. Anyone who offers professional, clinical or psychological advice may face warnings or banning from CFS and all posts will be removed. Even those persons who are licensed psychologists or therapists MAY NOT offer professional advice at the CFS Forum or by way of Private Messaging. The staff at CFS recommends that members who need answers should meet with a licensed and insured local Christian Consultant in your home area

Hello Ephesians;

Since yesterday when you opened up, your brothers and sisters at Christian Forum Site started praying and is ongoing as the Lord guides you through the process of healing, and each day release all that is filling your heart.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18, 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

My additional prayer is the Lord's strength will cover your academic discipline as you focus on your college studies and that His peace will fill you in everything else you do.

Hang in there, Epeshians and keep your faith.

God bless you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back