Struggling to get school work done and already missed out on two due dates before Spring break

This might not seem like a big deal to some of you but I’ve been raised to be highly concerned on my punctuality. I would always be discouraged if I’m late for something and told that I made myself late no matter the reason. This had been ingrained in my head for years. What’s worse is that I’ve had depression and anxiety for several years already and it’s been dragging me to perform worse and worse in my school work to the point where I can’t stand it anymore. It’s now become a pain in the butt for me that I end up missing two due dates from several classes. I tried asking for forgiveness from two professors but one of them said “you know the rules. I’m not giving you any second chances just because you made the decision to procrastinate”, while the other didn’t say a word.

My mother did tell them one time that I was struggling with a disability but nothing was done about it. I’m a full-time student working in online classes earning my bachelor’s degree by the end of the year. I was warned that if my GPA was lower than usual, I wouldn’t receive the funds I get from the schools. My professors are very strict and now their lack of empathy has taken me to a downhill spiral. I’ve been in college for over five years now and I’m struggling to catch up because I’m mentally and physically exhausted that it has become a major toll on my capability. In need of prayers right now. Thank you and God bless.

Good morning.
I understand how difficult it can be being disabled myself. Both my girls and I are Deaf so we have to have ASL interpreters or rely or there is lip reading. It can and does get very taxing and exausting.

Is there a specialized form that has been filled out stating the disablities that you have? Can you get a doctor's recommendation to be able to better serve you as a student to have things in place to support and not hinder your abilitty to access these services?

Longer times to do test, exams, projects, written reports.

Note takers to help with lectures

Perhaps extra reminders, helpful sheets with resources etc

Clear communication is the key to truly getting the things needed espeically when you are in school. Advocacy is vital for yourself to be able to thrive and suceed.

My oldest went through a similar experience in college. She didn't want to ruffle any feathers and would just do without the services. She finally came to me and discussed all that was happening. We talked with the student services, professioners, got the intepreters in, got a note taking, had the interpreters available at placement, had extra time for studying, exams, tests, projects etc. There are a wide range of things that can be done to better help yourself.

I do understand the harsh reality of feeling bad and spiraling down into a depression - but at the same time there are a wide range of techiques and things you can help yourself to change the situation. Sometimes it takes courage, being brave and to acknowledge it may be recieved and may not but we don't stop there nor do we stop trying. I would love to be able to help in any way I can.

BTW I was diagnosed with CPTSD - Complext PSTD due to occultic trauma abuse/medical abuse etc from infant on. I DO understand. I am speaking from experience. It can be managed, one small thing at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself and max out your tolerance level/threshole. I know I get trigger in various situations and although I can't control these situations I can identify them and take in prayer/biblical stand on God's Word that I can with the Holy Spirit help to change and give me the wisdom revelation and guidance to. It takes time. But you can do all things in Christ, who strengthens you.

I will pray that this situation wil work out and I also pray that God will contiune to guide, direct, reveal and give you the tools you need for management and peace.

Warmly in Christ.

Good morning.
I understand how difficult it can be being disabled myself. Both my girls and I are Deaf so we have to have ASL interpreters or rely or there is lip reading. It can and does get very taxing and exausting.

Is there a specialized form that has been filled out stating the disablities that you have? Can you get a doctor's recommendation to be able to better serve you as a student to have things in place to support and not hinder your abilitty to access these services?

Longer times to do test, exams, projects, written reports.

Note takers to help with lectures

Perhaps extra reminders, helpful sheets with resources etc

Clear communication is the key to truly getting the things needed espeically when you are in school. Advocacy is vital for yourself to be able to thrive and suceed.

My oldest went through a similar experience in college. She didn't want to ruffle any feathers and would just do without the services. She finally came to me and discussed all that was happening. We talked with the student services, professioners, got the intepreters in, got a note taking, had the interpreters available at placement, had extra time for studying, exams, tests, projects etc. There are a wide range of things that can be done to better help yourself.

I do understand the harsh reality of feeling bad and spiraling down into a depression - but at the same time there are a wide range of techiques and things you can help yourself to change the situation. Sometimes it takes courage, being brave and to acknowledge it may be recieved and may not but we don't stop there nor do we stop trying. I would love to be able to help in any way I can.

BTW I was diagnosed with CPTSD - Complext PSTD due to occultic trauma abuse/medical abuse etc from infant on. I DO understand. I am speaking from experience. It can be managed, one small thing at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself and max out your tolerance level/threshole. I know I get trigger in various situations and although I can't control these situations I can identify them and take in prayer/biblical stand on God's Word that I can with the Holy Spirit help to change and give me the wisdom revelation and guidance to. It takes time. But you can do all things in Christ, who strengthens you.

I will pray that this situation wil work out and I also pray that God will contiune to guide, direct, reveal and give you the tools you need for management and peace.

Warmly in Christ.

Hello TransformedinChrist;

I do visitations to middle and senior age at the dialysis center. One friend is in hospice with less than 3 months. Another has macular degeneration (eyesight failing.) Just being able to visit them and have conversation and prayer goes a long way.

May I ask since we are on the world wide public, what happened that led you to require a wheelchair? Have you and your daughters always been deaf? If you don't feel comfortable sharing I understand.

God bless you.

I have multiple complex medical conditions. Ranging from rare genetic disease to lupus. I have had 3 major heart surgeries and only have the use of 1 lung. There's so much more but I won't bore you with the details. Yes all 3 of us have the rare genetic disease [however it affected us differently]. Yes all 3 of us are Deaf from birth.

Warmly in Christ.

That is so great. Please let me know if I can help in any way. I mean I can try. I remember those days when I was stressed as a young adult in the school system due to my own disabilites. My heart has utmost compassion for you. I am so grateful you lean into God. Warmly in Christ, TiC

Back