Struggling With Believing Fully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. (I apologize if this is in the wrong place) Lately I have been struggling with thoughts of doubt (more so questions that I feel cannot be answered.) I feel I have felt His presence before during worship at church, or a few times where I was experiencing emotional pain, but as of lately I think too much. Like as I sit here typing, the TV is on in the background about how the Supreme Court has legalized gay marriage across the US. With this I wonder, Am I in the wrong for not wanting this? Is it really sin? What if in the end, when we die, we just cease to exist? My husband has talked with me about things, and even bought me a book he recommended (Case for Creator). I have started it but yet to finish. Does anyone have advice, or words of wisdom?

Amanda,
You have questions. That is not wrong. Scripture encourages and even commands that we meditate on the things of God.
For the moment, I have two questions for you to consider (I don't need an answer) and one suggestion.
1) How often do you pray (talk to and listen to God)?
2) How often are you in His word?

My suggestion is very simple, but simple does not always equal easy.
Follow Jesus right now. Put yourself to the side and trust in Him at this moment and at each moment as it happens.
Take it one breath at a time.
He has no problem with your questions and He will answer them in the way and time that you need. None of us will understand everything. It is a day be day process.

We will gladly help you understand more, but the most important thing is that you choose to trust and follow Him.

Here is what I have to say.
Whenever you are feeling doubt, remember those times that you have felt God's presence. They help you maintain your faith when you are doubting.

Have you ever asked yourself, "where will I go once I die?". Someone might tell you that you go inside the earth. Then you might say, "but where do I go?". You know that there is more than just a human body. That is written on our hearts by God Himself. It is easier to believe that there is another life after this one than to believe that once we die, we stop existing. That also makes you extremely scared on your death bed. But God gives us peace, knowing that there is more than just this. Know that you are one of the few that chose the right choice.

Finally, understand that these are the last days. There will be so much evil in the world during the last days. This is only the beginning. Soon, bestiality will be legal, and pedophilia, and more, if America follows this pattern. But God is in control, and you do not have to worry. Just stand on God's truth, that homosexuality is evil, and that there is a heaven once we die, and that you are going there because you humbly repented and turned away from sin and to Jesus. I will pray for you.

Hello. (I apologize if this is in the wrong place) Lately I have been struggling with thoughts of doubt (more so questions that I feel cannot be answered.) I feel I have felt His presence before during worship at church, or a few times where I was experiencing emotional pain, but as of lately I think too much. Like as I sit here typing, the TV is on in the background about how the Supreme Court has legalized gay marriage across the US. With this I wonder, Am I in the wrong for not wanting this? Is it really sin? What if in the end, when we die, we just cease to exist? My husband has talked with me about things, and even bought me a book he recommended (Case for Creator). I have started it but yet to finish. Does anyone have advice, or words of wisdom?

Think about the original two that were created...Adam and Eve. Then remind yourself of how our bodies are made to fit together. This was God's plan....one man and one woman. When people try to do things without God....this is what we get, things that cause us to ask these questions. But it is all a trick from the devil to bring about doubt in God's Holy Word, and His ways, just like the devil tricked Eve in the garden of Eden. The devil asked a simple question and right at that moment introduced doubt in God's Word.

But stay in God's Word and meditate on His promises, and certainly if you have more questions....keep asking. You can send a pm if you would be more comfortable.

Blessings!

Amanda, we all have gone through this and still do at times.
The devil is the accuser, liar and deceiver from the beginning of the world. He strives to make good look bad and evil look good. Paul says through our weakness we are stronger because we draw closer to Christ. Keep that in mind as you hold fast to your faith.
Some helpful scripture is Romans 8:
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

All of Romans 8 is helpful in giving us a proper mindset and focus.
I pray that Christ's love surrounds you. Amen.

:) Hello Amanda, I'm not clear on what you doubting, if it's your salvation, then it's between you and God, no man can answer that question for you, the Holy Spirit has to bear witness with your spirit, Amanda, I will say however, if you are grieved over you sin and you are worried about being thrown into Hell, that is a good sign, because the natural man (not born from above) does not concern or care about those things. Cry out to Him! :)

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Reactions: Juk
Jesus died but he rose again and is now at the right hand of God in a place made especially for us, Heaven. If we believe in Jesus, that is the place for us. We will rise too and be with him.

Do you believe this? Its in the Bible. I recommend you start reading it and all about this wonderful saviour of mankind.

Jesus died but he rose again and is now at the right hand of God in a place made especially for us, Heaven. If we believe in Jesus, that is the place for us. We will rise too and be with him.

Do you believe this? Its in the Bible. I recommend you start reading it and all about this wonderful saviour of mankind.

God does not love everybody.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

That depends how you define "belief" and "us" Satan believes and trembles, belief is not lip service, it's bearing witness with the Holy Spirit, it's a relationship with God. The "us" is only born again believers, not natural men.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

We believe and confess that Jesus is Lord.
Satan cannot and will not do this, and those in bondage to him cannot. I did not say in my post that 'God loves everybody' so I don't know what point you are trying to make quoting my post and then giving bible verses.
We are to help those who are struggling and weak in the faith. We know what we believe, this OP must know too, and she can..if she reads the Bible and believes with her heart. The Bible is testimony, and it is fact. It is not a lie. We need to pray for her.

I believe the verse goes "God so loved the world...". I'm not seeing that God so loved 'almost all'. Can you please expound on your comment with scripture?

Negative.
Joh_3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Does God hate some people, well let's see what scripture says.

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

I believe the verse goes "God so loved the world...". I'm not seeing that God so loved 'almost all'. Can you please expound on your comment with scripture?

In the context of psalm 5:5, psalm 11:5, lev. 20:23, proverbs 6:16-19 and more, we can see that God does hate the sinner.

Books are great, but alone time with the bible is probably the most important thing we can do. Take a notebook and just spend some time in his word. (Personally speaking) the reason why we question of this is all real is because of a lingering faith, and a lingering faith is caused because of a lack of reading.

In the context of psalm 5:5, psalm 11:5, lev. 20:23, proverbs 6:16-19 and more, we can see that God does hate the sinner.

Books are great, but alone time with the bible is probably the most important thing we can do. Take a notebook and just spend some time in his word. (Personally speaking) the reason why we question of this is all real is because of a lingering faith, and a lingering faith is caused because of a lack of reading.

Many spinless evangellyfish preachers are preaching that way, it's a lie and a false love, it's also a wrong picture of God.

Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

We believe and confess that Jesus is Lord.
Satan cannot and will not do this, and those in bondage to him cannot. I did not say in my post that 'God loves everybody' so I don't know what point you are trying to make quoting my post and then giving bible verses.
We are to help those who are struggling and weak in the faith. We know what we believe, this OP must know too, and she can..if she reads the Bible and believes with her heart. The Bible is testimony, and it is fact. It is not a lie. We need to pray for her.

Negative, God does not love everybody.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

But a counter-argument might be the Scripture that says that God is Love. Not a very strong one, but it is hard to be Love without loving everybody.

Many spinless evangellyfish preachers are preaching that way, it's a lie and a false love, it's also a wrong picture of God.

Agreed, without the wrath of God with eternal damnation, there is no reason to be saved.

Here is what I have to say.
Whenever you are feeling doubt, remember those times that you have felt God's presence. They help you maintain your faith when you are doubting.

That's not bad advice, but truly if one is doubting, he is not maintaining faith.

This is a false assumption. God hates wickedness and will judge it, along with wicked people, but it is because He loves all people that Jesus came to pay their dues for sin. Don't sell the lie that Satan wants people to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back