Submission To The Authorities

Submission to the Authorities

Romans 13:1

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

In the US, we the people are the authority. We have no king. This country is ruled by "we the people". The president, the senators, the congress, and the justices are all public servants. And, it is our responsibility, whether we are Christian or non Christian, to exercise control over our servants.

Because God has placed us in authority, we do not have the luxury to avoid politics.

Submission to the Authorities

Romans 13:1

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

In the US, we the people are the authority. We have no king. This country is ruled by "we the people". The president, the senators, the congress, and the justices are all public servants. And, it is our responsibility, whether we are Christian or non Christian, to exercise control over our servants.

Because God has placed us in authority, we do not have the luxury to avoid politics.

Are you an anarchist?

it has nothing to do with being an anarchist, it has to do with how our governments set up-it was set up to serve the people, hence the representative form of government. Its why the declaration of independence, was started with "we the people"

Are you an anarchist?
Are you an anarchist?

Are you an anarchist?

Am I an antichrist?
Well let's see. I believe and proclaim that Our Lord Jesus is the Christ. He is the only begotten Son of God. He lived in the flesh, as a human being. He died, rose from the grave, and sits at the right hand of the Father. And, He's coming back to establish His Kingdom very soon.
1 John 2:22

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
2 John 1:7

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
1 John 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Looks like the answer is no.

Bless you for testing. :)

May God our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ bless you in every way

davelou, there is a difference between anti-christ, and anarchist. the anti-christ, is the devil, or someone, who is against Jesus, depending on the viewpoint your looking at. An anarchist, is someone who seeks anarchy, or chaos, who doesn't want order. an anti-christ is someone who is against Christ-an anarchist, is someone who is simply against order. I agree with you on our role concerning the government, nor do I think you are an anarchist, but I think that if we are to have a healthy, intelligent debate, we need to have our terms straight, and know what they are. An anarchist is not necessarily the anti-christ.

Sorry. I misread
I do that a lot. My affliction causes sleep deprivation, depression, mental stress, fatigue, and a lot of other stuff.
I can't promise it won't happen again. In fact I assure you that as my condition worsens, it probably will.
Not to worry; my postings will come to an end.

At any rate, if for speaking out on these issues, I am an anarchist, I feel that I am in good company.
Our founding fathers were anarchist.
And, Jesus was considered an anarchist. He spoke out against both political powers, and the religious rulers.
He called the king an old fox. And He called the pharisees hypocrites.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisees
The Pharisees were at various times a political party, a social movement, and a school of thought among Jews during the Second Temple period beginning ...

Thank you for spotting this. I hope I can depend on you and others to point these things out as they occur.

I am not what is considered a traditional anarchist, at least I dont believe I am. In the sense that Jesus, and the founding fathers were concerned, i may be labled one-but they were not, in my opinion, anarchists either-they wanted order, just not the accepted order of the time. If not accepting the accepted order of the time, then yes-Im a anarchist, but as far as wanting no order, I am not. I am a firm believer in trying to fix things within the system first, before breaking the system.

I am not what is considered a traditional anarchist, at least I dont believe I am. In the sense that Jesus, and the founding fathers were concerned, i may be labled one-but they were not, in my opinion, anarchists either-they wanted order, just not the accepted order of the time. If not accepting the accepted order of the time, then yes-Im a anarchist, but as far as wanting no order, I am not. I am a firm believer in trying to fix things within the system first, before breaking the system.

I'm with you 100%.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anarchism is generally defined as a political philosophy which holds the state to be undesirable, unnecessary, or harmful,[1][2][3] or, alternatively, as opposing authority or hierarchical organization in the conduct of human relations.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10] Proponents of anarchism, known as "anarchists", advocate stateless societies based on voluntary associations.[11][

I don't think either of us fit this definition.

As a firm believer in keeping the 10 Commandments, and a veteran, the suggestion that I could be an anarchist is oxymoronic.

And like you, I believe in fixing things within the system. But, I think the system is already broke, and is in need of fixing.

@davelou

That was a very blunt and unfriendly question I asked you just now, about being an anarchist. The tone was accusatory and the spirit was not brotherly. I apologize. :oops:

And like you, I believe in fixing things within the system. But, I think the system is already broke, and is in need of fixing

Some countries are closer to Paradise than others, but everywhere man goes and whatever he does, he drags the Sin of Adam along with him like a ball and chain. It's a sickness we all have, a virus we all carry. The blood of Christ can cover it, but it's still there! We can be made perfect in Christ, but we can't cleanse ourselves of that primordial stain. It's like one of those super-bacteria that can shrug off even the most caustic disinfectants! It is an indestructible spore!

Btw, I am not an American. I am Canadian.

@davelou

That was a very blunt and unfriendly question I asked you just now, about being an anarchist. The tone was accusatory and the spirit was not brotherly. I apologize. :oops:

Some countries are closer to Paradise than others, but everywhere man goes and whatever he does, he drags the Sin of Adam along with him like a ball and chain. It's a sickness we all have, a virus we all carry. The blood of Christ can cover it, but it's still there! We can be made perfect in Christ, but we can't cleanse ourselves of that primordial stain. It's like one of those super-bacteria that can shrug off even the most caustic disinfectants! It is an indestructible spore!

Btw, I am not an American. I am Canadian.
Thank you Theo
What time is it there?
I'm up all night because of this MRSA. What's keeping you up? I am glad you are up. I don't feel so all alone. I really miss human contact.Sometimes I think I'm going nuts, due to the lack of sleep, and other MRSA related symptoms. More than anything though, I miss the closeness my son and I had.
I hope you, and others on this forum, don't get too impatient with me. I know I'm not right in the head sometimes. But, this discussion on "Submission to the authorities", has me concerned for my son's future. I really don't think there is any hope for Americas future.

I'm sorry for being so gloomy.

Thanks for being there. May God bless you every day in every way.:)

Back