Suffering & Life

It is my belief that everyone suffers in life whether they admit it or not. Some are worse than others depending on one's view on their suffering. Do you believe that Our Father has us suffer for a greater purpose than ourselves or is suffering our own making from the risks we take or both? Is suffering a reality we have to accept as a major part of life's experience? Is suffering an opportunity to show deeper love and humility to Jesus Christ, who suffered for us on the Cross and died for the forgiveness of our sins? Is life more or else meaningful when we suffer and why?

Yes absolutely our suffering is for a higher reason. Like I've heard a few times recently: A piece of coal put on a pillow will always be coal. But put under intense heat and pressure it can become a diamond. God wants us to be diamonds.

It is my belief that everyone suffers in life whether they admit it or not. Some are worse than others depending on one's view on their suffering. Do you believe that Our Father has us suffer for a greater purpose than ourselves or is suffering our own making from the risks we take or both? Is suffering a reality we have to accept as a major part of life's experience? Is suffering an opportunity to show deeper love and humility to Jesus Christ, who suffered for us on the Cross and died for the forgiveness of our sins? Is life more or else meaningful when we suffer and why?

All of the above. I believe the Bible teaches us there's a greater purpose for anything we do while we are on this planet, as children of The Living God. But, we also operate in the natural realm of cause and effect. Suffering is also part of the process of character building as you pointed out. Personally, I subscribe to the belief that anything the Lord does is multifaceted, affecting many sides, many people, for many reasons.

Also, in His perfection, 2 Pet. 3:9 intimates He is not willing to let us stay in the natural state of being "lost" (without Him) and "depraved" (absent of His goodness) and is patient to teach us however we need to be taught.

Just my opinion. :)

Back