Suffering

When I first became a christian I thought that if I believed in Jesus I would stop suffering one day. Then after some years later, I thought, if I only obeyed Jesus I would stop suffering. Then after some more time past I thought, if I only love Jesus my suffering would go. But no matter what I did, said or thought my suffering continued.

Today I thought, my life can not be without suffering so its best I learn to put up with it because thats what things are like in a fallen, sinfull and broken world. And I dont think anyone can escape suffering all together.

The Bible does say we will suffer for His sake-if we are truly His children. We are supposed to rejoice in suffering-not sure if I have figured out how to do that yet...?

Jesus to Ananias about Paul: Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. Acts 9:15-16

Suffering is a privilege-the mark of the hand of God in your life. Those who do not suffer for the cause of Christ need worry...

Back