Sunday School is OVER - my final thoughts

Sunday School is finally over and it was wonderful.

I have no doubt the Holy Spirit was always with us and this is His doing, not mine. Thank you so much Lord!

And thank you guys for all your help and wonderful tips. May Jesus bless you all!

A couple of great moments from our lessons:

a) Parables: The lesson on parables was important. These kids are cultivated and smart but they had never heard of Jesus' parables, not even the prodigal son!

b) Mercy: Another important topic, I really insisted on this one. Christianity is the only religion in the world that commands us to forgive our enemies and pray for them and I hope the kids got the message.

c) Movies: We saw lots of movie clips, incl. Pasolini's The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, Nicholas Ray's King of Kings (the wonderful Sermon on the Mount sequence!), The Bible tv series, The Prince of Egypt, King of Dreams and Zeffirelli's Jesus of Nazareth.

d) The Holy Spirit: We all love the Holy Spirit but it's a difficult topic for 13 y.o. kids. With the Lord's help, I found an excellent ebook on the subject and the lesson went really well.

e) Lots of games: Many teachers despise games but I find them extremely important. The kids loved them, they improved their mood and a good mood is essential in any classroom. And games are also a great learning tool, one of them was a version of UNO with questions on the Bible.

f) Bible quote + Lord's prayer: Every lesson began with a Bible quote and ended with the recitation of the Lord's Prayer.

g) Android Bible: We used an eBible and the kids loved it. It's much easier to use than a paper Bible and more fun.

I will definitely be back next year, glory be to God!

I have no doubt the Holy Spirit was always with us and this is His doing, not mine. Thank you so much Lord!

And thank you guys for all your help and wonderful tips. May Jesus bless you all!

a) Parables: The lesson on parables was important. These kids are cultivated and smart but they had never heard of Jesus' parables, not even the prodigal son!

b) Mercy: Another important topic, I really insisted on this one. Christianity is the only religion in the world that commands us to forgive our enemies and pray for them and I hope the kids got the message.

c) Movies: We saw lots of movie clips, incl. Pasolini's The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, Nicholas Ray's King of Kings (the wonderful Sermon on the Mount sequence!), The Bible tv series, The Prince of Egypt, King of Dreams and Zeffirelli's Jesus of Nazareth.

d) The Holy Spirit: We all love the Holy Spirit but it's a difficult topic for 13 y.o. kids. With the Lord's help, I found an excellent ebook on the subject and the lesson went really well.

e) Lots of games: Many teachers despise games but I find them extremely important. The kids loved them, they improved their mood and a good mood is essential in any classroom. And games are also a great learning tool, one of them was a version of UNO with questions on the Bible.

f) Bible quote + Lord's prayer: Every lesson began with a Bible quote and ended with the recitation of the Lord's Prayer.

g) Android Bible: We used an eBible and the kids loved it. It's much easier to use than a paper Bible and more fun.

Keep up the good work. God has definitely given you a gift and grace for kids. Keep listening to the Holy Spirit and you will be a world changer.

Blessings of grace and peace be yours in abundance

Great to hear and glory to God!

Back