Sunday School - March 29, 2009

Sunday School - March 29, 2009

One who has faith that follows the Lord, trust that leans on the Lord and a life that abides in the Lord has all things needed to sustain a good and perfect (complete) life. Such is as a branch attached to a good tree, receiving the necessary nutrients the good tree provides and yielding a bountiful harvest of choice fruits. However, one who falters in faith, lack in trust and abides not in the lord is a withered branch destine to be pruned. Such is like a loose feather tossed aimlessly by the win; such has no hope or anticipate no fate for failure is his daily vocation.

John 15:5-6
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

As Christians, our hope resides not in our ability, for we have neither the will nor the power to sustain. Just as the branch attached to the good tree, our source and resource (for all things) is in our Lord. In Him and through Him are we maintained and for Him and to Him are we to abide. When our will becomes His will, all things are maintained in perfect harmony; such is the perfect will of God (Romans 12:1-2).

John 15:7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Psalms 37:4. Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

This week's lesson is the final series of lessons from the book of Ezekiel, a fascinating book to say the least, a book that causes the mine to extend beyond the typical teachings of the Bible. For those who follow the International Sunday School Lesson Plan (aka: The Standard Sunday School Lesson), this Sunday's lesson (March 29, 2009) comes from Ezekiel 47:1-12.

Ezekiel is again aided by a spiritual guide and giving a vision or reality to be; a prophetic insight of that which is to come. Ezekiel is shown flowing water from a house with an altar; he is given measurements of water depths at specific distance of travel; he is shown a lifeless desert sea that brings forth life; and he is shown barren riverbanks that bring forth trees and fruits. If such are things that are to come, how might such apply to us as Christians, for we know that all scripture is profitable for edification (2 Timothy 3:16), thus such must be profitable for us today.

We know that the Altar is for Him who made the ultimate sacrifice to reconciled fallen man to God, thus the house that the altar resides is the house of the Lord. We also know that all that comes from the Lord is good, thus the water that flows from the house of the Lord is a blessing to be received by all. This water is as the nutrients, provided to us as branches, if we continue to abide in the Lord (John 15:5). Such nutrients gives power to sustain all.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

When our proximity from the Lord increases, greater is that which is giving to sustain. If we abide in Him, He has promise to never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5b). As His blessings increase in us, we become the tools for which He uses, thus we become the water and/or nutrients that bring life to that which was dead. Thus, if we encounter a murky body of water, it will become a sea that bring forth a continuous bounty of fish; if we encounter dormant trees on a riverbank, it will bring forth fruits in plenty. That which flows from the Lord make new, revives and heals; such is the perfect process of containment from the Holy hands of God. Such is the will of God for those who abide in Him and for those who are the called according to his purpose.

Ezekiel’s visions may be of a time that is yet to come; yet it reflects the actions of things that has long past and resembles things that are evident in our lives today.

Ecclesiastes 1:9. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

If you are not a typical Sunday School attendee, Go and surprise the teacher. If your Church does not follow the Standard Sunday School Lesson and you are not aware of the topic of discussion, take on the attitude of "positive anticipation". I am sure you will like it; there is nothing like reading and discussing God's Word.

FYI: Sunday School is not just for Kids, it is also for the Humble (those who seek to abide in the Lord) at heart.

Good Day and God Bless

Back