Sunday Service

How many of you enjoy Sunday service at your local Church? I absolutely enjoy! I was talking with my pastor yesterday after service and was telling that actually the message was just for me! It was one of those days where you can feel the Holy Spirit directly speaking to your heart.. As my pastor was preaching, the Lord was bringing so many things in my life right in front of me.. Conviction..

The message was about wavering.. How we compromise things and start to waver between good and evil.. The message was on the below passages.. It's a story we all know.. He preached about people wavering between good and evil.. The reason was, the condition of altar.. Today we believers waver between good and evil.. We compromise on so many aspects of our spiritual walk.. reason is, the repaired relationship between Jesus and us.. Pictures of my compromises where coming in front of my eyes as I was hearing the message..

And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people did not answer him a word.

Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come near to me.” And all the people came near to him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that had been thrown down.

How many of you enjoy Sunday service at your local Church? I absolutely enjoy! I was talking with my pastor yesterday after service and was telling that actually the message was just for me! It was one of those days where you can feel the Holy Spirit directly speaking to your heart.. As my pastor was preaching, the Lord was bringing so many things in my life right in front of me.. Conviction..

The message was about wavering.. How we compromise things and start to waver between good and evil.. The message was on the below passages.. It's a story we all know.. He preached about people wavering between good and evil.. The reason was, the condition of altar.. Today we believers waver between good and evil.. We compromise on so many aspects of our spiritual walk.. reason is, the repaired relationship between Jesus and us.. Pictures of my compromises where coming in front of my eyes as I was hearing the message..

And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people did not answer him a word.

Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come near to me.” And all the people came near to him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that had been thrown down.

I absolutely LOVE the church where God has placed us! It does all things with excellence, and all to please the Lord and to bring the message of Christ to the community.

I love the fact that the Lord conditioned your heart to hear Him through the anointed words of your pastor! I have had that same thing happen to me. I remember one Sunday morning, the Lord placed upon my heart the story of Jonah. I had no idea why, but then we went to church and the message that morning was on an aspect of the Jonah account! I was struck with awe! He got my rapt attention!

It's strange, because it really changes as a congregant. I try to attend mass 3 times a week (sometimes Tuesdays and Wednesdays, sometimes Wednesdays and Fridays, but always including Sundays).

Sometimes I feel the Holy Spirit on one of the other days and not on Sunday. Sometimes I feel the Holy Spirit on Sunday and not the other days...and sometimes I feel the Holy Spirit on each of those days, and sometimes I don't feel the Holy Spirit on any of those days.

But even if I went through a spell of not feeling the Holy Spirit for an entire year, I will continue to go and participate in worship because it's not about how I feel or even what I can get out of it, but what I can give to God. Going further, even if I can't feel anything, there's a truth to what I do receive, and that's God's love.

It's strange, because it really changes as a congregant. I try to attend mass 3 times a week (sometimes Tuesdays and Wednesdays, sometimes Wednesdays and Fridays, but always including Sundays).

Sometimes I feel the Holy Spirit on one of the other days and not on Sunday. Sometimes I feel the Holy Spirit on Sunday and not the other days...and sometimes I feel the Holy Spirit on each of those days, and sometimes I don't feel the Holy Spirit on any of those days.

But even if I went through a spell of not feeling the Holy Spirit for an entire year, I will continue to go and participate in worship because it's not about how I feel or even what I can get out of it, but what I can give to God. Going further, even if I can't feel anything, there's a truth to what I do receive, and that's God's love.
I agree to what you are saying.. But I think that reason for those variations is not because Holy Spirit is focussing on different person in every service! I think it is simply the receptiveness of the person.. Every word we hear is food to our soul.. When we go with thirst, we feel our hunger being fed.. If not, it still gives the much needed nutrition.. Hence, hunger is never the proper balance to judge the food :D

I agree to what you are saying.. But I think that reason for those variations is not because Holy Spirit is focussing on different person in every service! I think it is simply the receptiveness of the person.. Every word we hear is food to our soul.. When we go with thirst, we feel our hunger being fed.. If not, it still gives the much needed nutrition.. Hence, hunger is never the proper balance to judge the food :D

By no means do I think it's the Holy Spirit picking and choosing.
Though there are times where there may be a moment where it seems God goes silent, even though He hasn't gone anywhere. It's those times especially where we need to remember what our faith is -- in fact, it seems to be trials of the faith.

Hello Ravindran, so glad you enjoy the assembly you are a part of, your a real credit to the assembly and I'm sure the individuals around you are affected by your joy. Your Pastor gave a great message by the sounds of things, I really enjoyed what you said, I think we all need to take stock from time to time, just to keep things in perspective. I believe when you've got the world, the enemy and your own flesh against you it can be difficult to keep focus at times. Great your Pastor is preaching in the Spirit, it sounds like a timely message...

Back