Sympathy for Israel

Heh, my title was a bit misleading there. But I want to discuss how you guys feel about having extra sympathy for Israel, since they were God's chosen ones in the past. Here is what I have to say:
I believe that we should love all, including Israelites, but I believe that we should not have any extra sympathy for them.
They got taken over many, many times, and they are now a burden to the nations and kind of ridiculed. God said that if they fell away from Him, He would punish then, which He did. I believe that they are now just like any other country, nothing special. I also believe that modern day Israel is not the same as ancient Israel. But it wouldn't even matter, because modern Israel STILL hates God.

What are your thoughts?

Staff Edit - Refer to the rules before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure.
I dont know any personally as they not friendly with me..but we still meant to pray for peace in Jerusalem.

I know americans are big on supporting zionist israel...with money.
Paul was sad they were being stubborn and stiffnecked. Unbelieving israel that is.

We are grafted in to the true israel.
I do know that many young isrealies come to my country for vacation, after getting out of military service. Then they think they can do everything, but they are the ones who always get rescued by helicopters when they get stuck on the mountains. Lol.

Reactions: Juk
In spite of this, Israel is still the apple of God's eye.
Go check out the book of Zechariah.
Also elsewhere is clearly stated, who blesses the nation of Israel will be blessed, and who curses them will be cursed.
Now I do not know of the feelings of others, but once God said something, it is said and done, I cannot see Him change His mind on it, not His character.
Everything happening around the world is centred on the nation of Israel. If you want to look for a sign of what is going to happen in the future, look at the nation of Israel.
Also, what did Paul say - the Jews first, then everyone else. Ever thought why?

Heh, my title was a bit misleading there. But I want to discuss how you guys feel about having extra sympathy for Israel, since they were God's chosen ones in the past. Here is what I have to say:
I believe that we should love all, including Israelites, but I believe that we should not have any extra sympathy for them.
God said that if the Israelites disobeyed Him, He would basically screw them over, which He did. They got taken over many, many times, and they are now a burden to the nations and kind of ridiculed. God said that if they fell away from Him, He would punish then, which He did. I believe that they are now just like any other country, nothing special. I also believe that modern day Israel is not the same as ancient Israel. But it wouldn't even matter, because modern Israel STILL hates God.

What are your thoughts?
Juk,

May I ask why you are asking these things? I am curious to know what motivated you to make this post.

In spite of this, Israel is still the apple of God's eye.
Go check out the book of Zechariah.
Also elsewhere is clearly stated, who blesses the nation of Israel will be blessed, and who curses them will be cursed.
Now I do not know of the feelings of others, but once God said something, it is said and done, I cannot see Him change His mind on it, not His character.
Everything happening around the world is centred on the nation of Israel. If you want to look for a sign of what is going to happen in the future, look at the nation of Israel.
Also, what did Paul say - the Jews first, then everyone else. Ever thought why?
Hmm... Didn't think about those Scriptures... Maybe because I didn't read them yet.

I was just reading that post about the Holocaust, and that inspired this thread.
Just on that subject, the holocaust was a very bad occurrence, but the Russians also lost many citizens in that war.
We had similar bad genocides in Africa over the years.

I think it's fair to say, sympathy comes standard - no one deserves to go through that. Simply because all people are God's people, even the unbelieving ones.

Greetings:
Yes:
They are next door to Satanic countries,that would give me the creeps.While here,the Canadians
are happy with their lot,and the Mexicans are so disorganized to take back some of their land.
bye

God said that if the Israelites disobeyed Him, He would basically screw them over, which He did. They got taken over many, many times, and they are now a burden to the nations and kind of ridiculed. God said that if they fell away from Him, He would punish then, which He did. I believe that they are now just like any other country, nothing special. I also believe that modern day Israel is not the same as ancient Israel. But it wouldn't even matter, because modern Israel STILL hates God.

What are your thoughts?

Something to remember....just like arrie said...Israel is still the apple of God's eye. And anyone who comes against or doesn't support Israel should be rethinking things. In Revelation....God defends Israel against her attackers. And that is part of the tribulation. I'll find and get the exact scriptures. Plus.....as i believe @Abdicate pointed out, the 144,000 are people from the 12 tribes of Israel. And i believe they are part of the ones who will be evangelizing after the rapture.
Blessings!

Only a remnant will be saved.
God said right back in leviticus that if the isrealites disobeyed and broke the covenant then he would turn his back on them and curse them seven times worse with plagues etc.
in book of Revelation, John sees the angels preparing seven plagues.

The holocaust was terrible thing, but it wasn just jewish people who have had genocide happen to them. But I think they are the ones who most widely publicise it. God does set his eye on Jerusalem, but it is not ever going to stay as it is now, cos hes prepared a holy Jerusalem in heaven to bring to earth. It is the remnant who will be saved and meet their Messiah in person. They are his holy people who actually managed to kept every single one of his commandments without needing their sins covered by Jesus - a tough ask!

If we are saved by Jesus we adopted into Israel, so, not sure what people meaning when they say God will bless those who bless israel and curse those who curse...because nobody is cursing israel here.

The Holy Land, that contested real estate, belongs to God and he gifts it to His chosen. But they had to agree to the covenant. If they broke it, God dispersed them and He did. It cannot be taken by force as it seems to be now. If you read the old testament, God was going to send hornets and other means to drive out the other people but, it seems the isrealites chose to be hostile instead and also, they intermarried and worshipped idols. He also warned them to be kind to the stranger in their soil as the Egyptians had been good hosts to them in times of famine. Today, there seems to be a lot of strife and politics, best to keep out of it.
The muslims though, are totally jealous. But they are the same middle eastern peoples..descended from set of twins, Jacob and Esau. God actually did bless both, but gave Jacob the birthright blessing which was meant for Esau.

The palestinian christians find it very difficult to live there now.
But they are the meek who will inherit the earth.

@Juk I firmly believe this to be true:

Genesis 12:3 (KJV)
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.​

Check out my "Cause and Effect" posts.

Next, you're blaming God for scattering the Jews. I want you to understand this before it's too late: God does not do evil to anyone. We allow the devil access by our disobedience. God is like a Hen covering Her chicks. If the chick leaves from under the Hen's protection, the chick suffers. While obedient we're under God's protection. The only exception, and all rules have them, is persecution. Persecution is used to store up wrath against those that commit it, not the victims. The sins of mankind affect all of the mankind. There were innocents in Israel when they were destroyed, but Josephus said no Christians were in Jerusalem when it was destroyed! God had them leave before it's too late. If we don't learn to listen to God's promptings, we'll suffer loss because God's removing His hand of protection because of sin. He'll take His chicks with Him. I don't know how bad it's going to be for America, but I am genuinely broken hearted for her.

I think God chastises those he loves.
If you watch a hen and her chicks she not only shelters them under her wing but kinda pecks at them if they misbehave. If they go astray or dont follow her she squawks loudly to get them back. She does not let them out of her sight.

Abdicate...you mean Israel, right? Brokenhearted for israel, not america. Israel is not america.

If we are saved by Jesus we adopted into Israel, so, not sure what people meaning when they say God will bless those who bless israel and curse those who curse...because nobody is cursing israel here.

The Holy Land, that contested real estate, belongs to God and he gifts it to His chosen. But they had to agree to the covenant. If they broke it, God dispersed them and He did. It cannot be taken by force as it seems to be now. If you read the old testament, God was going to send hornets and other means to drive out the other people but, it seems the isrealites chose to be hostile instead and also, they intermarried and worshipped idols. He also warned them to be kind to the stranger in their soil as the Egyptians had been good hosts to them in times of famine. Today, there seems to be a lot of strife and politics, best to keep out of it.
The muslims though, are totally jealous. But they are the same middle eastern peoples..descended from set of twins, Jacob and Esau. God actually did bless both, but gave Jacob the birthright blessing which was meant for Esau.
For the record, I mentioned the blessing and curse bit too illustrate that YHVH is serious about the nation called Israel.
As such we have no reason to dis them, but to keep paying for Israel.

They are his holy people who actually managed to kept every single one of his commandments without needing their sins covered by Jesus - a tough ask!

Lanolin,
I need to correct you on this point. It is very important to understand that this is NOT true. In fact the whole law was given for them to see that this was impossible for them to do!

I think God chastises those he loves.
If you watch a hen and her chicks she not only shelters them under her wing but kinda pecks at them if they misbehave. If they go astray or dont follow her she squawks loudly to get them back. She does not let them out of her sight.

Abdicate...you mean Israel, right? Brokenhearted for israel, not america. Israel is not america.
I'm broken hearted for America. No one said America = Israel - NO ONE. I can't imagine what made you come up with that.

Well the thread is meant to be about israel.
So i dont understand your point.what has america got to do with what we discussing?

Last edited:
Paul was brokenhearted for israel. I thought you meant the same. He wrote he wept over unbelieving israel. Jesus did too.

Reveleation says those who keep the commandments of God and have not defiled themselves with women..virgins. Remember Jesus was a virgin.
Why would God want 144,000 and only men? Christians are not required to keep chaste in such a strict way. We are free to marry in the Lord. Why are these people set apart? They are the remnant.

Christians have two commandments, wheras israelites have like 500 odd.

Back