Take Up The Responsibility Of Prayer

Take Up The Responsibility Of Prayer

Never stop praying, especially for others ... stay alert and keep praying for God's people (Ephesians 6:18)
preach.gif

Someone once said that the only ingredient for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. This statement is indeed true, especially because a lot of Christians try to make God responsible for what is actually their responsibility. When you hear people make statements like, "If God didn't want that thing to happen, why did He let it happen?" It's obvious that such folks have forgotten, or are not aware that the authority to change things on the earth has been delegated to us. We have a responsibility to change things and one of the ways we do this is through prayer.
The Bible gives us an example of the consequence of not taking up our responsibility. Herod had arrested James, the brother of John. Probably the brethren were thinking, "Herod doesn't know the anointing on Brother James; he'll be out of there in no time." They did nothing. Suddenly someone rushed in with the news: "Brother James has been killed!" Now, understand this: James was no ordinary disciple; he was one of the three closest disciple to Jesus. While they were still wondering, "Jesus, why didn't you do something?" another bad news came: "Peter has been arrested."
Thank God this time around, they received wisdom. The Bible says, "Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him" (Acts 12:5); as they prayed, Peter was miraculously set free by an angel (Acts 12:7). Oh! If only they had been wiser at first, James wouldn't have been killed1
Learn to take up your responsibility of prayer. You don't have to wait for evil to strike home before you learn to pray and cause changes in the Name of Jesus. Remember that God has given you the dominion and the authority to alter the course of events in the earth. It is your responsibility, not His.
pray.gif
Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the dynamic ability to cause changes. I take charge of my world and I forbid anything to happen that is inconsistent with my destiny in you, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

Brother we all need to pray this is true-as a christian it should flow naturally out of us- if we are not praying it is a sign that we are not spending enough time with our Father- as we abide in the Vine and the life of Christ fills our spirit prayer will become as natural as breathing :D

Back