Tattoo First Timer Yet?

If I refer to my situation now, I will probably only have my sister as a bridesmaid. And she don't have a tattoo.;)

I see; nice that she could be your bridesmaid. Keeping it in the family can be nice.

So in practical terms I guess that you expect her either to refrain from getting any visible tattoos until after your wedding, or else wear a sleeved, high neck gown, or else cover any new tattoos with make up (it can be done!)

My wife really loved planning her wedding day.

I see; nice that she could be your bridesmaid. Keeping it in the family can be nice.

So in practical terms I guess that you expect her either to refrain from getting any visible tattoos until after your wedding, or else wear a sleeved, high neck gown, or else cover any new tattoos with make up (it can be done!)

My wife really loved planning her wedding day.

Since the date is not set yet,I try not too think about it to much lol :)

Since the date is not set yet,I try not too think about it to much lol :)

Oh I can well understand that you don't want to think about it, just yet.

Just a friendly mention, anyway, that sometimes the bridesmaid covered/uncovered tattoo expectation issue is one that does cause a lot of arguments, anyhow! (You never know; maybe your sister was surprised when you got your first tattoo; so no need to be surprised if she gets one as well, sooner or later! but you would know your own sister well.)

Last edited:
Dr Beth S, M.D, (see also above) has written further about Tattoos and Pain, and has decsribed the reaction of various sorts of tattoo artist client, in comparison with those whom Dr Beth regards as purists:

Tattooing involves pricking the skin with sharp needles, so it's not surprising that it hurts. Not everyone has the same reaction to tattooing pain, though. Some say it feels like vibration, with only minimal discomfort. Others describe a burning sensation that hurts but is bearable. Some find tattooing so painful that they ask the artist to stop.There many ways of dealing with tattoo pain. Purists choose to embrace it as an integral part of the experience .. (Source: tattoos dot lovetoknow dot com )

Following these criteria that Dr Beth S. writes of, some who have posted here - such as MaryseBlossom - would be regarded as purists, I reckon.

(My own latent interest is in the potential for faith based tattoo designs and in their proven usefulness in starting faith based conversations.)

Unless you mean the pain is an incentive for people to be more careful in deciding what they'll be getting.

LysanderShapiro: So did you, your wife, your mother or your sister have any serious pain issues so far?

I'm guessing it hasn't put any of you off from keeping doing it, anyway.

LysanderShapiro: So did you, your wife, your mother or your sister have any serious pain issues so far?

I'm guessing it hasn't put any of you off from keeping doing it, anyway.

I don't know about my mom or my sister, but it differed each time with me and my wife. When getting a tattoo, you won't experience the pain identically each time--it really all depends on 1) placement, 2) detail and size, and 3) if it is going to be filled in in any way.

Some placements aren't so bad, and others are very sensitive. Ribs, clavicle, or anywhere that is often ticklish will be much more painful than other areas.

Detail and size might mean the tattooing process might take longer, and the longer the process, the more your endorphins will run thin and you begin to feel an irritation from the needle.

When filling it, sometimes you use multiple needles or thicker needles, which is just all around a bit more painful.

The pain isn't so dreadful to keep most people away. It's really not that bad at all. I've never heard anyone say "I'd get another one, but it hurts so much."

I don't know about my mom or my sister, but it differed each time with me and my wife. When getting a tattoo, you won't experience the pain identically each time--it really all depends on 1) placement, 2) detail and size, and 3) if it is going to be filled in in any way.

Some placements aren't so bad, and others are very sensitive. Ribs, clavicle, or anywhere that is often ticklish will be much more painful than other areas.

Detail and size might mean the tattooing process might take longer, and the longer the process, the more your endorphins will run thin and you begin to feel an irritation from the needle.

When filling it, sometimes you use multiple needles or thicker needles, which is just all around a bit more painful.

The pain isn't so dreadful to keep most people away. It's really not that bad at all. I've never heard anyone say "I'd get another one, but it hurts so much."

Thanks for your comments. I guessing that your mom didn't tell you or your wife beforehand what it would be like, what to expect. (I'm sure you guys do your own thing, anyway.)

Thanks for your comments. I guessing that your mom didn't tell you or your wife beforehand what it would be like, what to expect. (I'm sure you guys do your own thing, anyway.)

I don't remember her going into detail, but she described it the same way most people did--kind of like a cat scratch.

I don't remember her going into detail, but she described it the same way most people did--kind of like a cat scratch.

LysanderShapiro: You would have done your own thing anyway, I'm sure, but it sounds like your mom thought the 'cat scratch' was well worth enduring, and she didn't try to put you guys off.

It start from the bottom if my back all the way to my shoulder blade. On the same size as the butterfly.

Obviously I want my tattoo finish before my marriage so I can have a back open dress. ..

PS: MaryseBlossom: A bit like singer Anastacia's, right? I guess kind of similar anyway.

I remember how my wife enjoyed doing lots of preparations for our wedding, anyhow.

Back