Tears in Crystal Vials

The following poem has been inspired by Psalm 56:8 - You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? (ESV)

Tears in Crystal Vials
by Belinda van Rensburg

What if the angels caught each tear we cried
In crystal vials trimmed with silver and gold,
To lay at the feet of the One Who resides
In Heavenly places to bless and behold?

What if the tears that we shed were collected
And strewn in the sky to catch the Son's rays;
His brilliant Light by each teardrop reflected
Painting a bow to remind and amaze?

The Sovereign Lord can change crying to laughter
And wipe the tears from our eyes;
Replacing our sorrows with joy-filled hereafters,
And turn ashes to rainbows to color our lives.

© 2008

Hello paidforinfull;

Thank you for sharing Tears in Crystal Vials

I used to mentor men at City Team Ministries of San Francisco, a men's recovery. Some of the men I visited were ex cons from prison. They were big, burly men with so much built up anger inside.

Not always, but at times the Holy Spirit would fill me with the Lord's words to encourage them. At some point they would break down crying. Afterward these men would go from wound up with many years of anger to a gentle giant.

What a transformation to see them filled with peace, calm, joy, laughter and the love of Jesus. The men would start attending church, Bible study and serving while completing the program.

God bless you, paidforinfull and your family.

Hello paidforinfull;

Thank you for sharing Tears in Crystal Vials

I used to mentor men at City Team Ministries of San Francisco, a men's recovery. Some of the men I visited were ex cons from prison. They were big, burly men with so much built up anger inside.

Not always, but at times the Holy Spirit would fill me with the Lord's words to encourage them. At some point they would break down crying. Afterward these men would go from wound up with many years of anger to a gentle giant.

What a transformation to see them filled with peace, calm, joy, laughter and the love of Jesus. The men would start attending church, Bible study and serving while completing the program.

God bless you, paidforinfull and your family.
I understand! When I first became a Christian my tears would not stop flowing during worship. I believe it is part of God's healing process.

Back