Temper, Temper.

i never realized how hard it was, as a Christian, to keep one's emotions in check.

there have been many times i've wanted to give into an emotional impulse: shout out in rage, retort with a cutting remark, do something significant enough to knock someone off their high horse. there have been a few times i have, too, and i regretted it instantly(trust me on this one). but there have been so many more times where i held my tongue thanks to God speaking to me(and me listening) at the right time, and my life is the better for it. to this day, i am still learning not to let my emotions get the better of me, and to respond to each situation rationally and righteously.

if any of you are having a similar problem, remember what James 1:19 says: quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.

A bit like what Professor Oppenheimer and his colleagues were trying to do in the Nevada Desert in 1945, right?

(They tried to make sure that there was enough space between the fuse and the explosion.)

sort of, yeah. i want to keep the fuse as long as possible, but it is difficult. thankfully, i've had some success in this, but... i can feel the temptation.

This site, and many like it, have a long history of members who are slow to hear, quick to speak, and really, really quick to wrath. It amazes me most that you are able to identify that desire within yourself. That speaks to maturity. I try not to look too harshly on anyone though, because we are passionate about what we believe. Our entire heart and soul is invested in our faith, so when another accidentally or intentionally steps on any aspect of our faith, we can take it very personally and emotions lash out.

Proverbs 18: 20-24: '... Death and life are in the power of the tongue ...'

People's words determine the relationship between people. Words can create harmony, but words can also cause chaos. Good relationships are created through the words of a just, the words from a fool breaks relationships and spread evil. A wise person knows what will be the effect of his words. He knows when to keep quiet and when to speak. The wicked do not know when to speak and when to remain silent and have no control over the effect of his words.

God bless

Reactions: Jen
Back