Temporal Salvation?

The most understandable and encouraging attribute concerning salvation is that of its permanency, after all, it is called “eternal salvation” (Heb 5:9). What part of salvation is temporary, seeing that one of the meanings of redemption is that of being saved from “eternal damnation” (Mar 3:29). Is it a sensible truism that one can be eternally saved and then not eternally saved? Thus being temporarily saved from “everlasting punishment” (Mat 25:46) is clearly a concept of an oxymoron?

Thankyou. That’s very uplifting. Ive been praying for eternal salvation. I don’t know what it is but the bible tells us iit is A Promise, so that’s what I got. Unless it means God is always with us then I understand it better like that
And I like your sig

Last edited:
I do not see any of the cited scriptures as indicating a temporary salvation (there are a couple of other scriptures that _could_ be interpreted that way).

If you look from the viewpoint of man, events happen in sequence and one becomes saved at the time one accepts the sacrifice of Christ.

If you look from the viewpoint of God, who created the universe and time itself and thus stands outside of time the end state of each person is never in doubt. It is always in His sight. This is not a prediction any more than my knowing what I did yesterday is a prediction.

Thankyou. That’s very uplifting. Ive been praying for eternal salvation. I don’t know what it is but the bible tells us iit is A Promise, so that’s what I got. Unless it means God is always with us then I understand it better like that
And I like your sig
Hi and thanks for your encouraging comments! Many who have salvation do not yet understand it's full impact yet, but this does not affect that which saves, which is faith in the Lord Jesus.

Thanks for your labors on this site and God blessings to your Family!

I do not see any of the cited scriptures as indicating a temporary salvation (there are a couple of other scriptures that _could_ be interpreted that way).

If you look from the viewpoint of man, events happen in sequence and one becomes saved at the time one accepts the sacrifice of Christ.

If you look from the viewpoint of God, who created the universe and time itself and thus stands outside of time the end state of each person is never in doubt. It is always in His sight. This is not a prediction any more than my knowing what I did yesterday is a prediction.
Hi and thanks for your input! Amen, I've never seen Scripture refute the permanency of faith and salvation!

God bless!

oh So that’s why He sent me a message saying not to love sleep!
See, He knows me so well that He knows which sins to even get rid of first!
I’m glad now, that after praying for things, I never actually got them.
I thought to pray for something I really wanted would work.
But He’s showed me its best to leave everything up to Him and to create for me a pure heart.

thanks

I’ve also been thinking...

Since being really really saved...
I’m aware that if I want more of Him then I need to cry out like the birds And animals do. I hear them..
I can’t help thinking that they really don’t call for things..
They call to God to help direct them to things.

It’s an odd thought but there you go.

damn pride.
I’ve just noticed it for real

There are two groups of people professing Christianity. Those who genuinely profess the faith by unceasingly manifesting it by their continued lifestyle of godliness; and those who falsely profess faith in Christianity (Jas 2:18) who cease from appearing to lives godly. Thus what the latter departs from is not faith, but from the doctrine of faith, which they never truly entered into.

Back