Temptation ----------- Trial

Dusty

Inactive
Temptation ----------- Trial

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 .......12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

TEMPTATION : Comes from satan and is meant to pull us down . If we crumble under this temptatation , satan will get the victory . But because Christ lives in us and greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world , we can have the victory .

God tells us , He never tempts anyone. .... James 1:13 .....When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone.

But a trial ? That comes from God and is meant to make us better . But neither one will overtake our life because God will provide a way of escape . He would never let us go through more than we can handle.

Don't forget , our temptations and trials are common to us in our Christian walk for growth and dependance on God.

Don't let satan fool you by saying " Nobody's going through what I am going through " .....That's a lie straight from the pit .

IN turn if we say " God is faithful , He will not allow us to be tried beyond our ability to withstand "

That attitude is called FAITH .

Romans 15:13

13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

TEMPTATION : Comes from satan and is meant to pull us down . If we crumble under this temptatation , satan will get the victory . But because Christ lives in us and greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world , we can have the victory .

I liked what you wrote Dusty but James has something different to say about temptation .

James 1:13-15

13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

The devil is not mentioned here . just sin, your desires, and yourself .

hope that helps . no need in making a creation (i.e. a fallen angel) any bigger than he needs to be .

Very encouraged by the Corinthians verse always a good meditation .

Michael .... Please read the whole post as that scripture is already there and explained or maybe I did not do a good job at explaining .

Michael .... Please read the whole post as that scripture is already there and explained or maybe I did not do a good job at explaining .

okay ..

(reads it again)

i believe my difference then is .. i don't believe Satan is glorified when Sin gets its way .
but, our difference of opinion is in distinctions . thank you for clarifying .

very encouraging post .

thank you Dusty .

No problem , Michael . It is all chalked up to interpretation and in no way am I saying that satn is glorified , just stating that he gloats at situations where we cave in and say we can't go on . That's all . Sorry if my writing is not clear but I knew what I wanted to say. And what the Holy Spirit gave me to say .

I was just trying to diffincerate between trial and temptation.

Back