Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

With TG so fast approaching, how about some new and fresh ideas for cooking the turkey. Last year I made I mixed room temp. butter with herbs(parsley, dill, basil) and spread it all over the turkey then cooked it slowly in a 375 degree oven, first covered with foil tent, then without it for the last 30 minutes so the turkey browned nicely. This year I am spending TG at my sister-in-law's house, but I am doing Christmas at my house and I was actually thinking about making my own version of turducken, which for those of you who don't know, is a very complicted, very lengthy recipe which involves a chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey. My version would be a sort of roulade with the 3 meats rolled together with stuffing.

So, how about it? Any other fresh and new suggestions for taking the turkey out of his same old, same old box:)?

Laura:)

Ho boy that sounds very good:D im always up for a good cookin challenge. Heck might even do this 1 on the BBQ and add just a tuch of hickory smoke.My mouth is gushin!:eek::p
Good link Lar Bro

Back