Thanksgiving....

We are to be “born” from above. “Above” is where the ears are that hear the Spirit of Truth which speaks of heavenly things. We are to hear what the Spirit is saying in our ears above without speaking evil against what we hear. His thoughts and ways are higher than ours. Whosoever is born of God sins not….that is, speaks out in contentions, wrath and evil in defense of his own religious thoughts and ways. He that is begotten of God keeps his mouth from speaking out in evil….sinning not.

1 John 5:18-21 KJV

(18) We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
(19) And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

The Son of God is come to give us an understanding so that we may know Him who is true in His Son Jesus Christ. We are to BELIEVE on what He says…..and so have “eternal life” in the here and now. We reap THE life in the here and now when we with patient continuance in well doing believe in Him who was sent by God.

(20) And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
(21) Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

We are to believe on the “name”….that is, the AUTHORITY….of the Son of God…for His heavenly words are life and spirit and our thoughts and ways are of the earth. He is the Lord that speaks to our ears and we are to be born from what we hear above.

1 John 5:10-13 KJV
(10) He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
(11) And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
(12) He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
(13) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

We are to “awake” from our “sleep” and arise from the “dead” so that Christ will give us Light….the Light of the knowledge of God. We are to cast off the works of darkness…the envy, strife….the contention and disobedience…and HEAR what the Spirit is saying. Blessed are those who will DO His commandments....for they shall be able to enter into the mysteries of the kingdom as they will be given to those who will behave like a little child towards what they hear. We are to understand what the will of the Lord is and BELIEVE and BEHAVE by having love for another who may be speaking His words to our ears.

Ephesians 5:14-21 KJV
(14) Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
(15) See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
(16) Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
(17) Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Be not “drunk” with “wine”….that is, the WINE OF WRATH…when one will hear the Word of Truth being spoken in their ears. Do not be “drunk” with wrath and pride and contentions but instead by FILLED with what the Spirit is saying to our ears.

(18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Have THANKSGIVING towards God. We are to hear what the Spirit is saying to our ears and speak within our own hearts with spiritual songs. WE are to have JOY within our hearts and giving THANKS to what we are hearing. It is the LORD Jesus Christ who we are to hear ….and to believe on His “name”…that is, HIS AUTHORITY over our own thoughts and ways which should be cast down at the hearing of His voice. Whoever shall lose his life shall save it.

(19) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(21) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

The Lord sends out His laborers to preach His words to our ears.

1 Timothy 5:17-18 KJV
(17) Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
(18) For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

And we that will hear and believe shall reap what is sown in our hearts…. “eternal life”…by hearing His words and continue in well doing….not being contentious and “drunk” with the “wine” of wrath and indignation towards the Word of Truth.

Romans 2:7-8 KJV
(7) To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

(8) But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Let us “sing” instead and make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with THANKSGIVING and make a joyful noise unto Him with songs at the hearing of His voice. Let us make melody within our hearts.

Psalms 95:1-11 KJV
(1) O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
(2) Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
(3) For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
(4) In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
(5) The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.

Let us worship God and behave in well doing towards His voice. Today, if we hear His voice, let us not harden our hearts but let us make a joyful noise within our hearts and we humbly accept what His voice says to our ears. Every man should be quick to hear but slow to speak and slow to wrath. Let us not be “drunk” with the wine of wrath but be FILLED with what the Spirit is saying to our ears.

(6) O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
(7) For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
(8) Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
(9) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
(10) Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
(11) Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

For those who will observe lying vanities shall forsake their own mercy. Let us “sacrifice” unto Him the voice of THANKSGIVING. Let us pay what we have vowed….to have love for one another. Death and the grave shall not reign over us.

Jonah 2:8-10 KJV

(8) They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
(9) But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.
(10) And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Let us hear and offer the “calves of our lips” as a sacrifice unto Him.

Hosea 14:1-9 KJV
(1) O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity.
(2) Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.
(3) Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy.
(4) I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
(5) I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.
(6) His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.
(7) They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.

What more have we to do with “idols”…the covetous practices of religious-sounding men? We are to hear His voice and walk in His ways. But the transgressors….those who will obey indignation and wrath, shall fall as they will hear and not believe.

(8) Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.
(9) Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

What more do we have to do with idols. Let us RETURN to Him and speak the words: Father I have sinned against heaven in thy sight and am no longer worthy to be called your son. Let us RETURN to Him and confess our sins.

Luke 15:21-24 KJV
(21) And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
(22) But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

Let us render the calves of our lips and eat and be merry within our hearts. He makes us who were "dead" in trespasses and sins alive in Christ Jesus.

(23) And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
(24) For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the Truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:5-10 KJV
(5) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
(6) If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
(7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
(8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
This is “eternal life”: to know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.

John 17:1-3 KJV
(1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
(3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

How do we know God? We DO His commandments and have LOVE towards those brothers who are SENT in Jesus Christ to preach to their ears the Word of Truth. If we say we KNOW God and do not do what He says, then we are a liar and the Truth is not in us. We are to walk as He walked.

1 John 2:3-6 KJV
(3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
(5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
(6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Let us not fall away at the hearing of the good Word of God. Let us not “crucify” the Son of God afresh after we have heard His words. Let us hear and BEHAVE and have thanksgiving and joy over what our ears hear…..bringing forth righteousness.

Hebrews 6:4-12 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Let us show love towards His “name”…His authority… and toward those who minister His good Word to their ears. These are the things that accompany salvation. Let us be followers of those who through FAITH AND PATIENT well doing inherit the promises.

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
(11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
(12) That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

He that will hear His Word and believe on Him that SENT the Son shall have THE life in the here and now and shall not come into judgment but shall pass from death unto life....LIFE NOW.

John 5:23-24 KJV
(23) That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
(24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

He sends the brothers to preach in His name....His authority...and those who will show love towards those who are SENT by Him shall pass from death unto life....LIFE NOW.

1 John 3:14-15 KJV
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
(15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Back