Monday, October 5, 2015, 6:22 a.m. – The Lord Jesus put in mind the song “For Our Nation.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Isaiah 45:1-8 (NASB).

His Anointed (vv. 1-3)

Thus says the Lord to Cyrus His anointed,
Whom I have taken by the right hand,
To subdue nations before him
And to loose the loins of kings;
To open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:
“I will go before you and make the rough places smooth;
I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.
“I will give you the treasures of darkness
And hidden wealth of secret places,
So that you may know that it is I,
The Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

Cyrus was a heathen king, yet he was God’s anointed as a conqueror of nations. The gates of the city of Babylon led from the streets to the river, and were left open. He and his army entered the city through the path of the river. Once inside, they were able to conquer the king and take possession of the palace. Cyrus was employed by God Almighty to accomplish God’s purposes. This was war. The city was taken by surprise. They were weakened and were unable to resist the takeover. The enemy had access to every part of the city. (Source: biblehub.com)

I live in South Carolina, USA. I live in the upstate, so we have not had the flooding which has engulfed much of the midlands and lowlands of the state. I do have family in the flooded areas, though, so I have been able to get some first-hand reports of what is going on there, though some of their information has come through the news media, as there have been flooded streets and closed highways and curfews, which have kept some of them from being able to get out and about in the cities. Also, the National Guard has been called in to assist with the situation, many have been evacuated from their homes, and they have been placed in temporary shelters, such as public school buildings, according to news reports and according to some of the first-hand reports I have received, as well.

Governor Haley (of South Carolina) has indicated that the situation could go from bad to worse. Several of the dams have already been breached, according to the latest reports. The indication I got from listening to her speak and from watching a news story about the situation is that they are projecting that the rain, a lot of which did fall here in the upstate, has filled the rivers, and as it flows from the upstate down to the coast, the rivers could overflow and/or cause dams to break, causing even more flooding along the way.

I believe this is a judgment of God on our nation. And, I believe this is also an attack from our modern-day Cyrus, i.e. the New World Order. Since we have people within our nation in positions of power who are part of this New World Order, this takeover of our nation is an inside job, i.e. the gates were left open. And, truly we who live in South Carolina are under attack via our flooded rivers. Our capital city is weakened and is unable to resist the forces coming against her. Via the National Guard, the enemy has access to every part of the state. I believe, as well, that this rain very possibly came about via weather manipulation, i.e. this was planned and carried out by the New World Order to go the way it is going as part of this takeover of our nation, yet God is the one leading the charge, I believe.

His Servants (vv. 4-7)

“For the sake of Jacob My servant,
And Israel My chosen one,
I have also called you by your name;
I have given you a title of honor
Though you have not known Me.
“I am the Lord, and there is no other;
Besides Me there is no God.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me;
That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun
That there is no one besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other,
The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity;
I am the Lord who does all these.

In America, the evangelical church has been on a spiritual decline for many years now. It began with very subtle introductions of various elements into the church under the guise of church growth, and it has gradually gone way downhill, kind of like how this rain was potentially poured into our rivers, and which is now traveling south down to the ocean. These changes have been cross-denominational, and many of them have come from one primary source which was introduced at high up levels within denominations and then passed down to pastors of local congregations, who then passed them on to their people.

The goal, purportedly, was to reach the lost people of this world for Jesus Christ, yet instead of going out into the world with the true gospel of salvation, they brought the world into the meetings of the church. In order to attract the world to the meetings of the church, they supplied them with a somewhat cleaned-up version of what the world is offering in the way of entertainment. Yet, they had to do more than that. They wanted the world to feel comfortable in the meetings of the church, so they softened (diluted) the gospel to make it more acceptable to the world. They patterned their meetings around the flesh of humans and worldly passions and desires so that the world would want to come back to their meetings. They marketed the church just like any other business, too, utilizing marketing schemes, tricks and gimmicks in order to get the world to come to their meetings. So, instead of the church being the light to the world, they became like the world.

Instead of teaching the gospel according to Jesus and his NT apostles, many are preaching a gospel which requires no death to sin, i.e. no repentance, and no submission and obedience to Jesus Christ. It thus gives its converts a free license for lasciviousness. Thus, much of today’s church here in America is living not much different from those in the world who make no profession of Christ as Savior. Gross sin goes on unchecked within the church, or even placated and tolerated in the name of “Christian love and compassion.” But, it is not love if it does not tell people the truth about their sin, and if it does not call them to repentance and faith (or renewed faith) in Jesus Christ, truly as Lord (master) of their lives.

The church has also united itself with the US government, which is an evil entity, thus putting the government above Christ as the head of the church. They also introduced worship of such government via the pledge of allegiance to the flag and its republic, via the honoring of our military as “heroes,” and via the promotion of acceptance of whatever the news media is spewing out as news these days, as though they and our government leaders can be trusted to tell us the truth about what is going on in the world around us. So, God has brought this judgment upon our nation, i.e. this conquering of our nation via this New World Order, so that we will honor God for the holy God he is, and so we will fear him.

His Salvation (v. 8)

“Drip down, O heavens, from above,
And let the clouds pour down righteousness;
Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit,
And righteousness spring up with it.
I, the Lord, have created it.

Just as this rain has poured down from above, like someone taking a garden hose and aiming it straight down on South Carolina, and it has filled our rivers to overflowing, via this judgment, and more to come, the Lord wants to pour down his righteousness upon the people of this nation that many will be saved, and that the church will return to their first love, will repent of their sins, forsake their idols, and will worship God as their Only God, and will follow our Lord Jesus in obedience and in surrender to his will for our lives.

Jesus Christ said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny self, take up his cross daily (die daily to self and sin) and follow (obey) him. He said if we hold on to our lives (of living for sin and self) we will lose them for eternity, but if we lose our lives (die with Christ to sin and self) we will gain eternal life (Lu. 9:23-25). Paul said that if we persist in conducting our lives according to our flesh, we will die, but if by the Spirit we put to death the deeds of the flesh, we will live. He said that Jesus died that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit (See: Ro. 8:1-14). Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness (1 Pet. 2:24). John said that if we claim to be in fellowship with God, but we persist in living our lives according to our sinful flesh, then we are liars (1 Jn. 1:6).

God is taking this world by storm. Right now he is taking the USA by storm via the New World Order. His intention is that via this difficult period of time we, the people of God, if we have strayed from him, will return to him in repentance and in obedience. His intention, as well, is that many will be saved. So, if you have been living a lie, and you have been professing to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, but you have been living to please your own sinful flesh, I pray today that you will repent of your sin, and that you will surrender your heart to Jesus Christ, and follow him wherever he leads you from this moment on.

For Our Nation / An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.
On our knees to God we’re praying,
Seeking God to give us answers