The “mark of the beast” and 666 are not the same.

The “mark of the beast” and 666 are not the same.

Hello friends
Some seem to think so, but the “mark of the beast” and 666 are not the same.

Rev 13:16-17
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
KJV

As you can see in verse 17 above it states, “…the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

The mark will be something that is distinguishable of the person. It may be anything from the persons evil thoughts, (forehead), and works, (right hand), to an actual physical mark such as an implanted microchip, or both, (most people with the first attributes will probably take the physical mark if offered).

Rev 13:18
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
KJV

“it is the number of a man;”

The number of man is “6”. Man was created on the sixth day of creation in Gods image. But he was not created in Gods perfection or completeness of spirit. Seven is the number of completeness.

Rev 13:1-2
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
KJV

Rev 13:11
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
KJV

“count the number of the beast”
  • The dragon.
  • The beast from the earth.
  • The beast from the sea.
“count the number of the beast”, and “his number is Six hundred threescore and six

The dragon, the beast of the earth, and the beast of the sea, these persons will be noted by their extreme evil, sinful ways. Three beast = three 6’s = 666, (the unholy trinity).

Man as a 6 is born in sin. The three 6’s, (666) indicate extremely sinful and evil, a trinity to worship other than the Holy Trinity of God. Some people may even see the three of them as being a sign that they represent the Trinity.:)

Numbers in scripture are a very interesting topic. (Gematria)

Many numbers come up frequently:....

The list continues.

That being said, numerology is a form of devination, or witchcraft and forbiden by Gods law. So are we to take note of them?

I believe that we should, but only to the degree that we acknowledge the signifigance of numbers, and stop short of worshiping them as an alternative to faith.

I do not teach numerology from the pulpit, and I remind the members of our congregation that such practices are an abomination to God.

However, I do teach that there is a reason that the Baptismal font has eight sides.

Because eight is representative of a new beginning.
The number eight has significance.
God created in 6 days, rested on the seventh, eight is representative of newness.

Hense, 8 sides on the font.

We must also take the repetition of numbers into their proper context.

For example God says: I own the cattle on 1,000 hills.
Does that mean that God is limited to those cattle?

He only owns those cattle on those 1,000 hills?

No.

Here 1,000 represents "ALL" or "LOTS" or "More than you can count."

It is not a literal number.

666 is a silly fabrication of scripture, and in fact is not in the Bible at all. It is Hollywood foolishness.

John in the inspired Word of God tells us that : Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The anti-Christ will be incomplete. Earthly, representative of mankind, and not of God.

Imperfect and unfinished. He will be of this earth, and will not represent fulfillment, or eternality, or completion.

None of this has anything to do with "Visa Credit Cards" or Drivers licenses, or tattoos.

A beast will rule the world, and will be worshiped. Those who follow him into eternal damnation will do so by denying God, and Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

It will not be by using a credit card or getting their dogs or children "chipped" with a microscopic sliver of silicon.

Satan will attempt to move our focus away from God and would have us "LOOK for Him"

We would be wise to remain focused on Jesus Christ and avoid the temptation to seek the devil in scripture.

Satan will attempt to move our focus away from God and would have us "LOOK for Him" We would be wise to remain focused on Jesus Christ and avoid the temptation to seek the devil in scripture.[/quote said:
That was after all satans original sin - wanting to be like God and be worshipped like God.

And yes there is no wiser path than that brother- amen x 10!!!

I came into this world with no marks on my body, I'm going to leave this world with no marks.

666 or otherwise. This body isn't mine, it's God's. He just asked me to take care of it while I'm here.

:eek:

I came into this world with no marks on my body, I'm going to leave this world with no marks.

666 or otherwise. This body isn't mine, it's God's. He just asked me to take care of it while I'm here.

:eek:

God gave me my body. I gave Him my heart :)

my body, my heart, my soul...everything I have has been and always will be His.

I claim no ownership over anything, praise Jesus.:D

maybe it is the number of the man is 6th day 6 month 06,so is already1 and a bit by now,but also this might not mean a baby but spirit of evil taking human form at any age of the man.so this could be any man in this age or women etc.maybe hilary.who knows.:)

Hello friends
Some seem to think so, but the “mark of the beast” and 666 are not the same.

Rev 13:16-17
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
KJV

As you can see in verse 17 above it states, “…the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

The mark will be something that is distinguishable of the person. It may be anything from the persons evil thoughts, (forehead), and works, (right hand), to an actual physical mark such as an implanted microchip, or both, (most people with the first attributes will probably take the physical mark if offered).

Rev 13:18
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
KJV

“it is the number of a man;”

The number of man is “6”. Man was created on the sixth day of creation in Gods image. But he was not created in Gods perfection or completeness of spirit. Seven is the number of completeness.

Rev 13:1-2
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
KJV

Rev 13:11
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
KJV

“count the number of the beast”
  • The dragon.
  • The beast from the earth.
  • The beast from the sea.
“count the number of the beast”, and “his number is Six hundred threescore and six

The dragon, the beast of the earth, and the beast of the sea, these persons will be noted by their extreme evil, sinful ways. Three beast = three 6’s = 666, (the unholy trinity).

Man as a 6 is born in sin. The three 6’s, (666) indicate extremely sinful and evil, a trinity to worship other than the Holy Trinity of God. Some people may even see the three of them as being a sign that they represent the Trinity.:)

Before we can figure out what it means we have to first determine one thing. "To whom was the book of Revelation written?" Was it written to us today or the Christians in the first century? Is it past or still in our future?"

The answers to these questions will determine the methodology for an interpretation.

Before we can figure out what it means we have to first determine one thing. "To whom was the book of Revelation written?" Was it written to us today or the Christians in the first century? Is it past or still in our future?"

The answers to these questions will determine the methodology for an interpretation.

Hey LarryII All good questions.

John communicates what Jesus has reveiled to him. Revelation clearly identifies its source and author. " This is a revelation from Jesus Christ ..... sent to God's servant John" . Jesus appeared to John near the end of John's life. John records the vision for the benefit of the seven churches in Asia, and for us today. Revelation helps us understand end times. and authenticates the rest of the Bible. It is a message of gloriuos hope and has a purpose to wake up the complacant Christians.

in Rev 13 we see two beasts that share a common work, Rev 13:12. the first beast, "out of the sea", symbolizes a person with political and social power; and,

the second beast, "out of the earth", appears to be one with religious or spiritual power.

they are empowered by satan, the great dragon, Rev 13:4. together these beasts ultimately influence the whole world. They may represent past, present, and future world systems that are influenced by Satan and specific people that the original audience would have been able to identify.

Revelation was written to prepare God's people for a time of persecution from the Roman Empire. Using a common method of giving letters a numeric value, the Emperor Nero's name equals "666".

Since Revelation was likely written after Nreo's persecution, it may be that Nero's name was associated with the religious persecution and the Roman Empire that "666" would have warned the readers that someone like Nero would come in the future, bringing great harm upon the church.

Signs on the hand and head held religious symbolism for Jews, with symbolic marks spoken of in Exodus 13:9 and more literal ones in Deut 6:8 and 11:18. In these cases, the hand and head seem to refer to a wholehearted commitment of mind actions to God. To counter this, the beast commands that everyone must receive his mark.

be blessed,

steadywalking

I like to believe that my bible is never outdated.:D

It was written for all of man, for all of time.:D

The Word of God is final and everlasting. So whatever was written for one people can also be applied to another.

God said it was wrong to steal. He didn't mean just the people at the time; he meant me too. Adultery is wrong. But not just for that one time, for me too.

If Jesus meant for things to be seen in only one set of time, then he would have said, "this is just for you." But I need to see these words as applying to my own life, unless he addresses them specifically to another set of people in another set of time.

My two pennies, anyways.:eek:

Just think...if there really was someone out there who was able to convince the world that we didn't have to worry about 666 anymore...and then it came to pass that it occurs in our own lifetime. Wouldn't that be dreadful for the person who was telling everybody his interpretations of the bible? Wow. :confused:

John communicates what Jesus has reveiled to him. Revelation clearly identifies its source and author. " This is a revelation from Jesus Christ ..... sent to God's servant John" . Jesus appeared to John near the end of John's life. John records the vision for the benefit of the seven churches in Asia, and for us today. Revelation helps us understand end times. and authenticates the rest of the Bible. It is a message of gloriuos hope and has a purpose to wake up the complacant Christians.
Amen Mom!

There are so many interpretations of Revelation because it is so cryptic, so you have to first establish a methodology for logically deciphering it. For example: Futurism is a common belief and methodology today and it basically says that the book of Revelation is yet in our future. Therefore the possibilities are endless and are limited only to our imaginations to try to fit the text to a current world situation. And when it doesen't fit - we move on to the next.

Those of us who believe that it was written and mostly fulfilled under the Roman occupation (Believe it was written to the first Century Christians) have a very narrow scope of interpretation based on known history. This makes the interpretation much, much easier.

I think if we find out what the book said to the Christians under the Roman occupation we will know what it means to us today as I think the pattern of Revelation is somewhat cyclical. For example: the four horsemen have ridden many, many times throughout history. IMO God has ordained that this be until he comes. God is not only love, but also he has an intense righeous severity (which I find very frightening) which pressures people to seek him. He seems to be really big on the free will aspect of his created beings.

AIDS started in about 1984 with an airline steward in Quebec as I recall. This was basically centered in the Gay community and it was a horrible disease. Today, we have deveoped drugs that have somewhat arrested the disease. Today I read where this new Staph mutation is antibiotic resistant and the majority of cases are again in the Gay world as well. Do you see the book of Revelation in this? I think so.

I think God uses these things to drive people to him and into the arms of the Church, which welcomes them and binds their wounds and sets them on the path of eternal life. Without the four horsemen all of them (us) would perish. If you did a poll I bet you would find out that most of us came to the Lord under duress - I know I did.

Larry II

Sorry sir, but your post says nothing. Good question, but no information. If you have an answer in mind...please share.

Of course if you would ask this question about Revelations...then why not ask it about the entire Bible. With this logic. One might conclude that the bible is useless for modern day man.

All scripture was written to the bride of Christ. When interpreting scripture one most consider the person or group being spoken to And also the time and knowledge of those being spoken to, but Pauls letters to the different chuches were for all Christians also. You should know this.

When we read Daniel should we disregard it be cause he was speaking to Daniel?

I like to believe that my bible is never outdated.:D

It was written for all of man, for all of time.:D

The Word of God is final and everlasting. So whatever was written for one people can also be applied to another.

God said it was wrong to steal. He didn't mean just the people at the time; he meant me too. Adultery is wrong. But not just for that one time, for me too.

If Jesus meant for things to be seen in only one set of time, then he would have said, "this is just for you." But I need to see these words as applying to my own life, unless he addresses them specifically to another set of people in another set of time.

My two pennies, anyways.:eek:

Just think...if there really was someone out there who was able to convince the world that we didn't have to worry about 666 anymore...and then it came to pass that it occurs in our own lifetime. Wouldn't that be dreadful for the person who was telling everybody his interpretations of the bible? Wow. :confused:

Good point
:)

There are so many interpretations of Revelation because it is so cryptic, so you have to first establish a methodology for logically deciphering it. For example: Futurism is a common belief and methodology today and it basically says that the book of Revelation is yet in our future. Therefore the possibilities are endless and are limited only to our imaginations to try to fit the text to a current world situation. And when it doesen't fit - we move on to the next.

Those of us who believe that it was written and mostly fulfilled under the Roman occupation (Believe it was written to the first Century Christians) have a very narrow scope of interpretation based on known history. This makes the interpretation much, much easier.

I think if we find out what the book said to the Christians under the Roman occupation we will know what it means to us today as I think the pattern of Revelation is somewhat cyclical. For example: the four horsemen have ridden many, many times throughout history. IMO God has ordained that this be until he comes. God is not only love, but also he has an intense righeous severity (which I find very frightening) which pressures people to seek him. He seems to be really big on the free will aspect of his created beings.

AIDS started in about 1984 with an airline steward in Quebec as I recall. This was basically centered in the Gay community and it was a horrible disease. Today, we have deveoped drugs that have somewhat arrested the disease. Today I read where this new Staph mutation is antibiotic resistant and the majority of cases are again in the Gay world as well. Do you see the book of Revelation in this? I think so.

I think God uses these things to drive people to him and into the arms of the Church, which welcomes them and binds their wounds and sets them on the path of eternal life. Without the four horsemen all of them (us) would perish. If you did a poll I bet you would find out that most of us came to the Lord under duress - I know I did.

Larry II
You seem to pride yourself in having no point. The Bible speaks to those that have ears and can hear. The thread is about the mark and 666...not the complete book of Revelations. stay on the subject.

6606,is the sign of the devil.or 62020206,which is the same if you add the 2,s together ,aswell as the noughts.bit of a clue to you,God hovered over the earth,and the earth turned for God.evil blows around the earth these days prince of the air.:)

Remember that Revelation is a book about both the future and the present. Try not to sacrifice its instruction for the present by looking for the prophesies of the future. Revelation offers hope to believers who are currently suffering by proclaiming Christ's victory over evil and the reality of eternal life. It gives present guidance on how we should live. We also learn that Jesus is coming again, evil will be judged, and the dead will be raised to be judged for eternal life.

Revelation does not explain everything we'd like to know. This book has been the source of much confusion and debating. We have debated for centuries: the timing of the rapture, the millenial reign of Christ, the timing of Christ'd return ( pre, mid or post tribulation ) , identity of the Beast, the number 666, and the Great Prostitute. Please realize that if these questions have been debated for centuries, then God likely made them unclear on purpose.

You seem to pride yourself in having no point. The Bible speaks to those that have ears and can hear. The thread is about the mark and 666...not the complete book of Revelations. stay on the subject.

Well, I've been on this subject many times and it goes nowhere. I have continually failed to try to convince anyone that there is another point of view other than Futurism. History shows that when you "Calculate" the name of Neron Caesar it comes up to 666 - that is all it means.

Back