The Adam’s Scratch

Gods sovereignty is His supremacy over all creation. He "declares the end from the beginning".. Isaiah 46:10 . He has decreed all things and all things were created for His glory, including the salvation of some (elect or chosen in Christ) to show forth His love and mercy. And judgement of the rest, to glorify His power, wrath and justice. Romans 9:22-23. This is our purpose! To glorify God! He's the potter and we are the clay. He does all things according to His will and purpose. Not ours! Ephesians 1:11. After Adams fall, all creation is born guilty and with a sin nature. So our volition or will is held in bondage to our sinful condition. Born into the kingdom of darkness.. So then it is NOT of him who wills, NOR of him who runs, BUT OF GOD WHO SHOWS MERCY.. Romans 9:16. Proverbs 16 speaks that, " The preparations of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord... The Lord has made ALL for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of evil.. In mercy and truth atonement is provided for iniquity; And by the fear of the Lord one departs from evil.. A mans heart plans his way, but the Lord DIRECTS his steps.. Proverbs 16. So what is this "free will" that has deified man and made God a reactor to His creation taught in scripture??? No one is free as far as his volition goes. You are either a slave to sin or saved and a slave to righteousness! Gods people praise Christ and His merits alone for His love and mercy! Gods sovereignty cuts to the heart of mans pride and humbles the elect!
I agree with most everything you said here, as far as I understand. Scripture teaches both election (predestination) and free will. They go hand-in-hand. Yet, we cannot come to Christ unless the Father draws us. Even the faith to believe is a gift from God, yet one we must willingly receive, by God's grace.

I agree with most everything you said here, as far as I understand. Scripture teaches both election (predestination) and free will. They go hand-in-hand. Yet, we cannot come to Christ unless the Father draws us. Even the faith to believe is a gift from God, yet one we must willingly receive, by God's grace.
I would say volition not "free" will.. But yes I agree with what u said

What people want is the liberty to choose evil.
I am always in partial agreement with you. Myself I think there is much significance to choosing good over evil, which is superior to not having a choice of evil. We can also realize we need not be surprised nor discouraged to see that the majority of mankind has always chosen evil over good, when considering that the Lord Jesus has revealed this in Mat 7:13, 14. This declaration may have been mostly in reference to the Jewish nation, but I see no reason why it wouldn't also refer to the generality of mankind, which is more obvious all the time!

God's blessings to you friend in Christ!

Back