The Bible Is About What?

Scriptures are all about God loving mankind so much that he has done everything to bring them into relationship with Him.

The Word became flesh...and the Old Covenant was fulfilled in His Body...The New Covenant was written in His Blood... The book is a revelation of Jesus Christ and us in Him.

I was thinking about this one day wondering how I would answer. Since man was created in the image and likeness of God there has to be similarities between man and his needs and the Lords. The only thing God said that was not good was, "it is not good for man to be alone" So, the Lord created all the animals and brought them to Adam in search of a companion for him. God then created woman from man after his likeness and image, and there found a companion for Adam.
I see the exact same thing happening with God. The Lord created all the angels and things visible, and invisible, but none of them were created in the image and likeness of God. True fellowship can only be attained when two beings are of the same type and likeness. I see the Bible as the story of God creating a being in which he can have true fellowship with through out all the ages. Someone who can relate to and feel what he feels and sees what he sees. To truly understand his thoughts and ways.
It was not good for God to be alone.

All good answers, the Bible is like a multifaceted gem and I don't think we can fully explain or answer this question because the Word is infinite and we are finite, I find it to be an exciting revelation about both, God and man and that wonderful mystery Paul unfolded for us Gentiles,

Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Col 1:25 - 27

...Jesus Christ in me!

Blessings,

Gene

Back