Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Kings Chapter 1 to 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Kings 16:26 (NLT)

26 He followed the example of Jeroboam son of Nebat in all the sins he had committed and led Israel to commit. The people provoked the anger of the LORD, the God of Israel, with their worthless idols.

1 Kings 16:27 (NLT) - 27 The rest of the events in Omri’s reign, the extent of his power, and everything he did are recorded in The Book of the History of the Kings of Israel.

1 Kings 16:31 (NLT)

31 And as though it were not enough to follow the example of Jeroboam, he married Jezebel, the daughter of King Ethbaal of the Sidonians, and he began to bow down in worship of Baal.

1 Kings 16:34 (NLT)

34 It was during his reign that Hiel, a man from Bethel, rebuilt Jericho. When he laid its foundations, it cost him the life of his oldest son, Abiram. And when he completed it and set up its gates, it cost him the life of his youngest son, Segub. This all happened according to the message from the LORD concerning Jericho spoken by Joshua son of Nun.

1 Kings 17:1 (NLT) - 1 Now Elijah, who was from Tishbe in Gilead, told King Ahab, “As surely as the LORD, the God of Israel, lives—the God I serve—there will be no dew or rain during the next few years until I give the word!”

1 Kings 17:2-3 (NLT) - 2 Then the LORD said to Elijah, 3 “Go to the east and hide by Kerith Brook, near where it enters the Jordan River.

1 Kings 17:4 (NLT) - 4 Drink from the brook and eat what the ravens bring you, for I have commanded them to bring you food.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back