Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (2 Samuel Chapter 1 to 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Samuel 1:21 (NLT)
O mountains of Gilboa,
let there be no dew or rain upon you,
nor fruitful fields producing offerings of grain,
for here the shield of the mighty heroes was defiled;
the shield of Saul will no longer be anointed with oil.

2 Samuel 1:26 (NLT)

26 How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of women!

2 Samuel 2:1 (NLT) - 1 After this, David asked the LORD, “Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?” “Yes,” the LORD replied.Then David asked, “Which town should I go to?” “To Hebron,” the LORD answered.

2 Samuel 2:2 (NLT) - 2 David’s two wives were Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal from Carmel. So David and his wives

2 Samuel 2:3 (NLT) - 3 and his men and their families all moved to Judah, and they settled in the villages near Hebron.

2 Samuel 2:4 (NLT) - 4 Then the men of Judah came to David and crowned him king over the people of Judah.When David heard that the men of Jabesh-gilead had buried Saul,

2 Samuel 2:5 (NLT) - 5 he sent them this message: “May the LORD bless you for being so loyal to your master Saul and giving him a decent burial.

2 Samuel 2:6 (NLT) - 6 May the LORD be loyal to you in return and reward you with his unfailing love! And I, too, will reward you for what you have done.

2 Samuel 2:7 (NLT) - 7 Now that Saul is dead, I ask you to be my strong and loyal subjects like the people of Judah, who have anointed me as their new king.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back