THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Ezekiel Chapter 1 to 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezekiel 20:32 (NLT)
You say, 'We want to be like the nations all around us, who serve idols of wood and stone.'
But what you have in mind will never happen.

Ezekiel 20:33 (NLT)
As surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, I will rule over you with an iron fist in great anger and with awesome power.

Ezekiel 20:34 (NLT)
And in anger I will reach out with my strong hand and powerful arm and I will bring you back from the lands whereyou are scattered.

Ezekiei 20:36 (NLT)
I will judge you there just as I did your ancestors in the wilderness after bringing them out of the land of Egypt, says the Sovereign LORD.

Ezekiel 20:38 (NLT)
I will purge you of all those who rebel and revolt against me. I will bring them out of the countries where they are in exile, but they will never enter the land of Israel. Then you will Know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 20:39 (NLT)
As for you, O people of Israel, the Sovereign LORD says: Go right ahead and worship your idols, but sooner or later you will obey me and will stop bringing shame on my holy name by worshipping idols.

Ezekiel 20:40 (NLT)
For on my holy mountain, the great mountain of Israel, says the Sovereign LORD, the people of Israel will some day worship me and I will accept them. There I will require you bring me all your offerings, choice gifts and sacrifices.

Ezekiel 20:41 (NLT)
When I bring you home from exile, it will be like a pleasing sacrifice to me. And I will display my holiness through you as all the nations watch.

Ezekiel 20:42 (NLT) - 42 Then when I have brought you home to the land I promised with a solemn oath to give to your ancestors, you will know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 20:44 (NLT) - 44 You will know that I am the Lord, O people of Israel, when I have honored my name by treating you mercifully in spite of your wickedness. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!”

Ezekiel 20:47 (NLT) - 47 Tell the southern wilderness, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Hear the word of the Lord! I will set you on fire, and every tree, both green and dry, will be burned. The terrible flames will not be quenched and will scorch everything from south to north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back