THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Ezekiel Chapter 23)

Ezekiel 23:21 (NLT) - 21 And so, Oholibah, you relived your former days as a young girl in Egypt, when you first allowed your breasts to be fondled.

Ezekiel 23:22 (NLT)
"Therefore, Oholibah, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will send your lovers against you from every direction__those very nations which you turned away from in disgust.

Ezekiel 23:23 (NLT)
For a the Babylomians will come with all the Chaldeans from Pekod and Shoa and Koa. And all the Assyrians will come with them.
Handsome young captains, commanders,and chariot officers, and other high-ranking officers, all riding their horses

Ezekiel 23:24 (NLT) - 24 They will all come against you from the north[d] with chariots, wagons, and a great army prepared for attack. They will take up positions on every side, surrounding you with men armed with shields and helmets. And I will hand you over to them for punishment so they can do with you as they please.

Ezekiel 23:25 (NLT) - 25 I will turn my jealous anger against you, and they will deal harshly with you. They will cut off your nose and ears, and any survivors will then be slaughtered by the sword. Your children will be taken away as captives, and everything that is left will be burned.

Ezekiel 23:27 (NLT) - 27 In this way, I will put a stop to the lewdness and prostitution you brought from Egypt. You will never again cast longing eyes on those things or fondly remember your time in Egypt.

Ezekiel 23:29 (NLT)
They will treat you with hatred and rob you of all you own, leaving you stark naked. The shame of your prostitution will be exposed to all the world.

Ezekiel 23:32 (NLT)
"Yes, this is what the Soveriegn LORD says:
"You will drink from your sister's cup if terror,
a cup that is large and deep
It is full to the brim
with scorn and derision.

Ezekiel 23:33 (NLT) - 33
Drunkenness and anguish will fill you,
for your cup is filled to the brim with distress and desolation,
the same cup your sister Samaria drank.

Ezekiel 23:34 (NLT) - 34
You will drain that cup of terror
to the very bottom.
Then you will smash it to pieces
and beat your breast in anguish.
I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!

Ezekiel 23:35 (NLT) - 35 “And because you have forgotten me and turned your back on me, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: You must bear the consequences of all your lewdness and prostitution.”

Ezekiel 23:37 (NLT)
They have committed both adultery and murder___adultery by worshipping idols and murder by burning as sacrifices the children they bore to me.

Ezekiel 23:39 (NLT)
On the very day that they sacrificed their children to their idols- they boldly came into my Temple to worship. They came in and defiled my house.

Back