Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Isaiah Chapter 1 to 66)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiah 38:10 (NLT)
I said, "In the prime of ny life,
must I now enter the place of the dead?
Am I to be robbed of the rest of my years?"

Isaiah 38:11 (NLT)
I said, "Never again will I see the LORD God
While still in the land of the living.
Never again will I see my friends
or be with those who live in this world.

Isaiah 38:12 (NLT)
My life has been blown away
like a shepherd's tent in a storm.
It has been cut short
like a weaver cuts cloth from a loom.
Suddenly, my life was over.

Isaiah 38:13 (NLT)
I waited patiently all night,
but I was torn apart as though by lions.
Suddenly, my life was over.

Isaiah 38:14 (NLT)
Delirious, I chattered like a swallow or a crane,
and then I moaned like a mourning dove.
My eyes grew tired of looking to heaven
for help.
I am in trouble, Lord. Help me!"

Isaiah 38:15 (NLT) - 15 But what could I say? For he himself sent this sickness. Now I will walk humbly throughout my years because of this anguish I have felt.

Isaiah 38:16 (NLT) - 16 Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live!

Isaiah 38:17 (NLT) - 17 Yes, this anguish was good for me, for you have rescued me from death and forgiven all my sins.

Isaiah 38:18 (NLT) - 18 For the dead cannot praise you; they cannot raise their voices in praise. Those who go down to the grave can no longer hope in your faithfulness.

Isaiah 38:19 (NLT) - 19 Only the living can praise you as I do today. Each generation tells of your faithfulness to the next.

Isaiah 38:20 (NLT) - 20 Think of it—the Lord is ready to heal me!I will sing his praises with instruments every day of my life in the Temple of the Lord.

Isaiah 38:21 (NLT) - 21 Isaiah had said to Hezekiah’s servants, “Make an ointment from figs and spread it over the boil, and Hezekiah will recover.”

Isaiah 39:1 (NLT) - 1 Soon after this, Merodach-baladan son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent Hezekiah his best wishes and a gift. He had heard that Hezekiah had been very sick and that he had recovered.

Isaiah 39:2 (NLT) - 2 Hezekiah was delighted with the Babylonian envoys and showed them everything in his treasure-houses—the silver, the gold, the spices, and the aromatic oils. He also took them to see his armory and showed them everything in his royal treasuries! There was nothing in his palace or kingdom that Hezekiah did not show them.

Isaiah 39:3 (NLT) - 3 Then Isaiah the prophet went to King Hezekiah and asked him, “What did those men want? Where were they from?” Hezekiah replied, “They came from the distant land of Babylon.”

Isaiah 39:4 (NLT) - 4 “What did they see in your palace?” asked Isaiah. “They saw everything,” Hezekiah replied. “I showed them everything I own—all my royal treasuries.”

Isaiah 39:6 (NLT)

6 The time is coming when everything in your palace—all the treasures stored up by your ancestors until now—will be carried off to Babylon. Nothing will be left,’ says the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back