Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Joshua Chapter 1 to 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua 22:34 (NLT) - 34 The people of Reuben and Gad named the altar “Witness,” for they said, “It is a witness between us and them that the LORD is our God, too.”

Joshua 23:1 (NLT) - 1 The years passed, and the LORD had given the people of Israel rest from all their enemies. Joshua, who was now very old,

Joshua 23:2 (NLT) - 2 called together all the elders, leaders, judges, and officers of Israel. He said to them, “I am now a very old man.

Joshua 23:3 (NLT) - 3 You have seen everything the LORD your God has done for you during my lifetime. The LORD your God has fought for you against your enemies.

Joshua 23:4 (NLT)

4 I have allotted to you as your homeland all the land of the nations yet unconquered, as well as the land of those we have already conquered—from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea[a] in the west.

Joshua 23:5 (NLT)

5 This land will be yours, for the LORD your God will himself drive out all the people living there now. You will take possession of their land, just as the LORD your God promised you.

Joshua 23:13 (NLT)

13 then know for certain that the LORD your God will no longer drive them out of your land. Instead, they will be a snare and a trap to you, a whip for your backs and thorny brambles in your eyes, and you will vanish from this good land the LORD your God has given you.

Joshua 23:15 (NLT)

15 But as surely as the LORD your God has given you the good things he promised, he will also bring disaster on you if you disobey him. He will completely destroy you from this good land he has given you.

Joshua 23:16 (NLT) - 16 If you break the covenant of the LORD your God by worshiping and serving other gods, his anger will burn against you, and you will quickly vanish from the good land he has given you.”

Joshua 24:1 (NLT) - 1 Then Joshua summoned all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, including their elders, leaders, judges, and officers. So they came and presented themselves to God.

Joshua 24:2 (NLT) - 2 Joshua said to the people, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Long ago your ancestors, including Terah, the father of Abraham and Nahor, lived beyond the Euphrates River, and they worshiped other gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back