Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (Ruth Chapter 1 to 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Oct 29, 2006
Several US locations - seasonally
Ruth1:1 (NLT) - 1 In the days when the judges ruled in Israel, a severe famine came upon the land. So a man from Bethlehem in Judah left his home and went to live in the country of Moab, taking his wife and two sons with him.

Ruth1:2 (NLT)

2 The man’s name was Elimelech, and his wife was Naomi. Their two sons were Mahlon and Kilion. They were Ephrathites from Bethlehem in the land of Judah. And when they reached Moab, they settled there.

Ruth 1:6 (NLT)
Then Naomi heard in Moab that the LORD had blessed his people in Judah by giving them good crops again. So Naomi and her daughter's in-law got ready to leave Moab and return to her homeland.

Ruth 1:8 (NLT)
But on the way Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, "Go back to your mothers' homes and may the LORD reward you for your kindness to your husbands and to me.

Ruther 1:12 (NLT)
No, my daughters, return to your parents homes, for I am too old to marry again. And even if it were possible, and if I were to get married tonight and bear sons, then what?

Ruth 1:13 (NLT)
Would you wait for them to grow up and refuse to marry someone else? No, of course not, my daughters! Things are far more bitter for me than for you, because the LORD himself has raised his fist against me."

Ruth 1:16 (NLT)
But Ruth replied, "Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; Wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.

Status
Not open for further replies.